“City break with friends”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Mullingar, Ireland
“City break with friends”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great location
Great room
Great breakfast

There's a common theme here, we had a really nice stay in the George hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was perfect, and the residents bar and food was top class. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

The George will be my hotel of choice every time I go back to Limerick from now on

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed two nights... One with my parents and another with friends after an important life event. The first night was fine - nothing great. Shower was useless and breakfast was horrible and served by a moody young girl. I am lactose intolerant and she was very reluctant to ordering my porridge made on water even though she didn't know if the other porridge was made on water. The second night was an awful experience.... I was locked out of the hotel, after a while I gained access and some of my friends (whom were also staying were not let in even though they had there room cards and name).. The residents bar shut one hour early...Myself and some friends were treated like absolute children by one staff member in particular. I am in my mid twenties and am a working citizen. They have no right to treat myself or anybody the way they did. I was followed around the hotel by this male which made me feel very uncomfortable as I was alone. This is no way to treat any paying customers ESPECIALLY when we were told they did not receive any complaints (stated by the staff member). It was clear that we could not have been making noise as the room we were in was surrounded by my other friends who didn't hear anything. This stay was really disappointing as we wanted to treat ourselves but each of us (approx. 10 ppl) will NEVER stay here again. On top of it all - my father was charged a different price than booked online, it was €30 extra which he refused to pay. We also had to pay for parking. I paid €12 for just over one day... Rip off!

1 Thank Shona K
County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Did not stay at the hotel but did have lunch there. Hotel doesn't look much from outside but nicely decorated. You can eat in the bar or go to separate dining area. Menu was varied and priced reasonably. Kitchen in view and dining room got smoky at times. Staff nice. Worth a visit while shopping in Limerick.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The gBK Restaurant in the very near future.

Tony Tynne
Bar Manager
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is in a wonderful, safe location near the river and the main road in Limerick. The staff was incredibly courteous and responsive to every request. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfy I had a hard time waking up :) The breakfast was not crowded at all and the food was delicious. It really made me feel like home! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants an awesome deal for an amazing stay in Limerick!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Kind Regards
New Ross
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here recently to attend my daughters Graduation the following day.
The room was adequate but did have a 'kind of anti-septic smell' as you entered.
The toilet, which was clean, smelled slightly of stale urine (only slightly).
Car parking cost €1.80 per hour after 8am.
The breakfast was the 'Buffet' style - the plates were cold and, at best, the 'hot' breakfast was barely warm.
The waitress in the breakfast room was not warm and inviting as one would expect from a Four Star Luxury Hotel.
On checking out I was being overcharged by €34 until I drew this to the attention of the Receptionist - I had emailed the hotel, in advance, to make sure that I could avail of the advertised rate (€65), for a different room on the following night, but he was charging me €99, but he did relent when I challenged him.
I have had worse experiences in Hotels but I think, at best, I'd rate this one at about 2.5 stars

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, facing away from the street and there was no noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Both my husband and I stayed for one night in the hotel and the front of house guy called Kevin could not have been nicer and so helpful .His manner was excellent and we will stay there again when in Limerick .

• Stayed October 2013

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a group of friends. Really well situated. Modern and nice decor. Staff are very friendly. Rooms are well decorated and clean. Rates are reasonable if you are in a double room, but if you are in a single room as one of my friends was - it is a bit expensive. 159 euros per night for a double versus 150 euros for a single.
The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom - soap dispensers next to the basin and in the shower instead of proper soap and shower gel is more in keeping with a cheaper hotel. But other than that, really good hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.