“(Another!) enjoyable stay in the George Boutique”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin, Ireland
“(Another!) enjoyable stay in the George Boutique”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the George Boutique last year for a family function, and stayed there again for two nights last weekend (28th Feb-1st March), as I was in Limerick for a weekend conference. The conference was in MIC and the hotel was perfectly located - very central; 10-15-minute walk to the campus. In my free time, I went walking around the city and was always no more than 15 minutes walk from the hotel.
The two nights were most enjoyable; had lunch and dinner there one day, and the food was gorgeous. The room was a great size, the bed was comfortable, and the room was very clean.

On both my stays here, I have found the staff to be truly brilliant, and among the hotel's best assets. I want to particularly mention Kevin (on reception), who, in the lashing rain, walked me to the car-park down the street so he could open the door for me, as my hands were full. It was a very decent thing to do (and I think he was on his break at the time!).

To conclude, I had a second very positive experience staying here, and knowing that I will be back in Limerick in the future, I will be sure to stay here again.
Ciaran.

Room Tip: I stayed in 6003 and it was most comfortable, and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I recently stayed in the George Hotel. The hotel is very central with friendly and helpful staff and lovely food. (great early bird deal) The car parking is close by and reasonable with free overnight parking and only €7.50 per day charge. Only issue i had was that i booked in as a single and paid a supplement for this, the room was very small and just had a single bed. As i had to pay a supplement i thought i would get a twin or double room, so the size of the room was dissapointing and border line claustrophobic!! So i dont know why i had to pay a supplement when the room i got was clearly a single and there was no loss to the hotel booking it for a single occupancy??

Room Tip: Dont book a single room, the room is far too small, ask for a double if travelling alone as you have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests. As regards the room package you stayed on, this is based on per person sharing ( two in a room ) but if it is single room you have to pay the single supplement as explained in the package details when booking.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Myself and two of my freinds where in the George Boutique hotel in November and loved it. they were very friendly and helpful especially when trying to book an early dinner and a taxi to get to Thomound park

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel. It’s really great for our team to see positive feedback.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

had a great stay here only stayed one night but would have stayed longer the location is excellent great value and the staff are excellent and very professional would definitely stay there again when we go back to limerick

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel. It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Qatif
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay in the George Boutique hotel and I found it very good price, good size of the rooms and of course very friendly staff and I will stay again there....... It's in city centre so you can reach the most important shops easily

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

wnsheather
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I cannot say enough about the staff at the George in Ireland. So warm and pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were clean and inviting especially after a long flight over the Atlantic and then the drive from Dublin. Our flight was delayed coming in so we arrived very late but they were ready for us and even had some food waiting. The restaurant was lovely and festive in the evenings. I will stay here on my next trip through!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We loved everything from the moment we arrived with a friendly greeting at check in . I can't compliment the staff enough, so helpful, so friendly. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and the service was charming. Breakfast offered a wide range of buffet choices and freshly cooked hot options. The only downside was we could only stay 1 night

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

We hope to see you again very soon.