The George Limerick
US$241
US$196
Orbitz.com
1,595 results
All reviewscentral locationo'connell streetcar parkthe heart of the cityboutique hotelhen partygreat nightreception arealovely hotelreception staffwould highly recommend this hotelsaturday nightbar and restaurantenjoyable stayfrom start to finishtop classstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Where to start... I am on the road with work so stay in a lot of hotels week to week. This is probably the worst I have ever stayed in. Firstly I checked in to be asked to pay upfront? I then made my way to my room with case, bag, laptop etc to find the smallest room I have ever seen with the smallest single bed. I had paid a single occupancy price, not a single room price. I called reception and after lugging my stuff back down I got a different(small) room that at least had a double bed. The TV was smaller than computer monitors I work on! I had requested a quiet room with bath. I was in a room over a street facing 2 pubs that at 5am had their kegs changed, To say it was the opposite of quiet was an understatement. After the worst night sleep I went down for breakfast, again a joke. The cereals, juice etc all lined up on the bar. Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel and will never return. If you are looking for a nice hotel book the Absolute Hotel, it's amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank JoanneM05
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

After looking into your booking, you had booked a single room however we subsequently moved you to double room. On checkin all our guests are offered assistance with their luggage. All TVs in our rooms are 30 inchs.

As regards the noise outside the hotel, Limerick is a vibrant city centre. If we had known you were being disturbed by the noise outside, we could have asked for them to stop the noise.

We have a full list of breakfast items on our menu including pancakes. Im an sorry you did not feel this was up to standard.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We spent a very pleasant Friday evening in the George Boutique Hotel in LImerick on way to a weekend on the Burren, Co. Clare. We had a great dinner and breakfast, both were of high quality. But what impressed us most was the wonderful attention we received from the staff in the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble but more than that, everything was done in an atmosphere of fun and friendly consideration for us, their guests. What's more, the hotel couldn't be in a better location. We spent a very interesting morning in the Hunt Museum (5 minute walk from the hotel) before we headed off to Doolin and the magnificent flora and fauna of Burren.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Spent two nights on Easter weekend there with my girlfriend. Was a very nice hotel and it gave my girlfriend the impression that I paid top dollar for it, but it was actually very good value. Don't tell her ;)

The double room was very nice, equipped with flatscreen TV, hair drier, kettle, biscuits, various types of tea and ground coffee with cafetiere. Walls had adequate soundproofing, lobby was quite stylish.

We stayed on the 7th floor where we could see the river Shannon. The elevator can only be activated with your room key which is a nice layer of security.

The only problem I had was that the beds were described as "4 star" but were a bit too soft. I did the obligatory "jump-into-bed" test when we first entered the room and it didn't pass. I felt the box spring/bed frame underneath the mattress.

Not to worry though. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent location for nightlife and shopping, however still very quiet at night.
The hotel bar served very tasty food at very reasonable proces.
The staff where very helpful and friendly, especially the bar staff.
Cannot fault it :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise G

We hope to see you again very soon at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband & I were attending a family function in Limerick and stayed for an overnight in the George. I have to say it was beautifully appointed, clean and modern. Food was excellent as were the staff and the breakfast was excellent. All in all great value and a great stay, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your stay at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages us when we get good feedback so thanks a million.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The George Boutique Hotel very soon.