“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Had an overnight stay and was very pleasantly surprised as I expected this to be run of the mill hotel but it it certainly not. Booked a very good price for B&B online. Hotel has a nice bar, didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but have been there for lunch previously and it is nice. The hotel rooms, while small, have lovely modern decor with some extra touches like a coffee pot with 'real' coffee in the room (along with instant and the usual kettle). Staff at checkin/out were v.friendly. We had breakfast delivered to the room and while there was plenty of it, it seemed reheated so can't say it was fantastic but the buffet was probably better.Overall, we would definitely recommend the hotel for it's location and extra touches.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this hotel for one night stopover on the way back from a trip down the country. I had just enough money on my card to pay for all the hotels. When I went to check in my card was declined, (i was so embarrassed), i knew i had the money, they staff were very calm and polite. I found out from my bank that i had been overcharged from previous hotel. They were very patient while i was trying to figure this out between making fone calls and running back to the bank. We ate in the restaurant that evening. Food was lovely, and staff very nice. Rooms are lovely and modern. Overall, had a lovely stay and look forward to gong back for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in the George back in mid-March, but am only getting to write up my review now. This was my third time to visit and stay in the George in the past year or so, and as with the previous visits, it was most enjoyable. We were there for a family birthday - the food was delicious, the level of service from the staff was faultless. The room was comfortable and clean. Each stay in the George has been most satisfactory, from the moment we walked into the lobby. There is a particular sense of the place when you walk into; it seems like a place in which people are very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel.

It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon at the George Boutique Hotel.

Kind Regards
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned from a wonderful stay at The George Boutique Hotel in Limerick. Great location, convenient to shopping, food, and a nice short walk to historic sights in the city. Wonderful value for first class treatment. We ate at the restaurant on three occasions and the food was excellent. Tours will also stop to pick up at this hotel. Just check with the reception desk for details. I also had excellent response time with emailing questions before our visit. I highly recommend The George for a stay that is close to sights such as The Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle, The Blarney Castle/Stone, and King John's Castle. Limerick is a short drive from Shannon airport, and it was a breeze to find. Did I mention the easy parking and nice pubs across from the front door entrance? Yes, I will stay again upon returning to Ireland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon at The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

Kind Regards
Trim, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The location is excellent (right beside the main street). Our bedroom was clean and sufficiently big (but not huge). The curtains blocked out all the light. The breakfast was a buffet and there was a great choice of food. I had a problem with my bed on arrival and while they couldn't switch us to another room they sent a member of staff up to try and sort it out which he did. The things I didn't like were the shower which had low pressure and the fact that our room overlooked the smoking area (despite being on the 4th floor voices could still be heard). Ours was a weekend visit and we sensed that many people staying there were there to go out on the town (which may not suit you if you're after a quiet spot). We parked in Howley's Quay car park which offered a weekend rate where you could come and go as you pleased (great idea!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

We are used to catering to every person needs as a city centre hotel which attracts people who are in limerick enjoying themselves on Saturday night. We also have adult guests as well as a party crowd. That’s what make for a great atmosphere in our hotel. We proactively try to manage our guests so that they all get the experience they expect. We have guests who ask for quite rooms especially for Saturday night stays and they are allocated quite rooms.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just back from a lovely weekend in the George Boutique Hotel. I opted for a bed rate only so I can't comment on breakfast but the room, the staff, the bar and Chocolate restaurant was all top class. The bar in the hotel had great entertainment on Friday night. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location for a stay in Limerick

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a little trouble finding the hotel. Thank goodness our son's eagle eyes. Take the escalator or elevator up from the Shannon St. entrance and you are in the hotel.Staff was very efficient and pleasant. Our family room was not overly large, but comfortable enough for the 4 of us having one double and two twins. I didn't love the "public restroom " style toiletries. They were wall mounted pump dispensers. I noted a smell on entry which was an odd mixture of grapefruit and ??? My husband thought it smelled like Lysol or some other antiseptic spray. Having said that we were all comfortable. Staff is very responsive and honest. We were two hours away when we realized we had left our passports and by the time we contacted them , they had already attempted to call and email us. For us it is always a question of whether we would stay again amd in this case we would.
There are also some terrific restaurants within a short walk. We dined at Cornstore about a block away and had one of the best meals of our trip. Absolutely delicious. Also liked Cafe Noir for lunch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family