“Good Location and good value”

The George Limerick
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this at the last moment and was not sure what to expect. But the location is perfect, the hotel is bright, clean and the staff are excellent. The rooms were very comfortable - similar in size and quality of higher rated hotels.

Bar food in the evenings was very good as was the staff. My only complaint was I thought the breakfast needs a bit of work - need to use real OJ, a bit crispier Bacon, lay it out a bit better and more fresh fruit please.

Otherwise excellent value and would have no hesitation staying again.

Room Tip: Maybe pick a room facing the back as it is on a busy enough route in the mornings and evenings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick.

We are delighted to receive your comments and feedback as it is through these comments we can continually improve on the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Altaf Khan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,574)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Business travel- was on my own so booked single room
What I got was very spacious and would qualify as double in many places
Liked fact you had Rate reduced for solo traveller.
Breakfast was good - I did not try it but the yanks seemed to like the pancake maker!!
I was spending time in LImerick the following day & the parking at reduced rate was a pleasant bonus.
Overall a good experience that I would repeat

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent visit to Limerick.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Got a good deal at this hotel. Our room was small but very comfortable. The bathroom was good with good water pressure you needed card to go up and down eleavator. Breakfast was lovely and served by a friendly staffs. Would stay again here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The George Bout... H, General Manager at The George Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

We strive to get it spot on from reservation to departure and are always delighted when we get it right.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent value hotel right in the shopping centre.Airport bus stop is just around the corner, as is Taxi rank. Lifts to all floors. Good sized air conditioned, en suite bedroom with tea/coffee and hairdryer. Lots of shops, and bars close by.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 186254John_B

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent a night here and I would go......no, I will go back again!
Absolutely fantastic hotel right in the heart of Limerick City!
I realized when we arrived that I had messed up my bookings and accidentally made it for the following night, the receptionist was brilliant and quickly made corrections to my booking!
The rooms are very spacious and luxurious! We had a view over looking O'Connell St, and yet we didn't hear a bit of noise from the street, even from the morning traffic!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a very good offer.

I give a positive review to the hotel mainly due to the treat we received by the Hotel staff. The room and bed are of good size. The bathroom is OK and they have proper tap fittings (no hot+cold, but thermostatic valves).

The restaurant staff were very considered and they took care of every detail. Sevice was well coordinated and quick, even when the restaurant was crowded. Breakfast menu is also good.

Problems: Pubs proximity make it really annoying due to nuisance. I hope authorities would listen to people travelling as it is very difficult to fill a complaint or insist when you are just around for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lostinthe_eurozone

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in The George Boutique Hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The George Boutique Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here June 28-July 1/14. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, we were in room 6019, with a king size bed. The room was on the 6th floor facing the street. If you are there on the weekend like we were, be prepared for when the bars close, can get a but noisy. The rooms are very stuffy, the windows do not open much, but they did provide a fan to get the air moving. Also, an ironing board would have been nice. They do need to do a bit of extra cleaning and perhaps replace ripped bedskirts. Our room price did include breakfast. It was ok. Unfortunately the breakfast staff in the restaurant just didn't seem to care. They would take your room number, bring your tea or coffee and you never saw them again, not even to clear plates. We did have dinner one night and the wait staff were great. Overall, it was a great location and we did enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends