“Enjoyable”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reading, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel was included in our Stena Line short break but after reading reviews here I contacted the hotel and upgraded to a suite with no problem. We arrived at 9 pm and the receptionist booked us in very quickly so that we were able to get to the restaurant before it closed. He was very helpful and it was all done in a couple of minutes. Parking was easy although there is only space for about 40 cars. The suite was really just a large room subdivided by a ceiling high unit that housed the TVs, one facing the bed and the other side facing the sofa. Bed comfortable, plenty of cupboard space and also a table and two chairs which would be good for breakfast and room service.
Bathroom had massive bath that took ages to fill, a separate shower cubicle (not power though) and twin basins. Robes provided.
There was also a balcony overlooking the river.
Breakfast very good for cooked items but limited choice for continental options. All staff very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi throughout the hotel.
We stayed for three nights and will definitely revisit.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the river are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

On arrival receptionists very friendly and helpful. Got nice room at top of hotel very quite as requested. No bath but power shower good. Tv had film options which was nice but limited choice. Went out for dinner. Back to hotel. Good sleep. Spa treatments and hair appt all under one roof great idea. But first breakfast at an expectation inducing €12 per person. Boy did it not live up to the cost. It was explained to the restaurant manager that the cooked breakfast was terrible and she could not have been more apologetic and she did all she could to make amends we were nit charged and she offered lunch which we could not avail of as we had our appts booked for directly after breakfast.the spa and hairdressers were good and very friendly. On check out we were asked for feedback and explained about breakfast we were upgraded to premium rooms on our next visit which we will definitely do and hopefully breakfast will be not as pricey and twice as tasty !!

carrickfergus
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just finishing off my second week here on business. For both my personal needs, room, taxis etc., and my business - printing, changing round room, providing little extras, the staff couldn't be more helpful.
Arrived late-ish on a sunday and wasn't too happy to discover the dining room was closed and we had to eat in a very crowded quite noisy bar. The girl offered to set up a table in the seating area outside the bar but everywhere was crowded and noisy so we didn't bother we just eat in the bar. We also had to wait over an hour to have our order taken and receive our food so we were a bit irked HOWEVER the charming young man who sorted out our bill at the end apologised and made a concession to the cost. This is the way issues should be dealt with - they couldn't change the situation but recognised it wasn't the best experience for us, apologised and recognised the problem with a small discount.
From then on it it was exceptional service all the way. Bedroom was large, roomy and comfortable. Temperature gauge very responsive so room warmed or cooled very quickly. Good size firm bed, firm pillows - too much so for me so, no problem, someone went round squeezing all the spares until they found me a soft one!
I mentioned the fact that I would have preferred a different type of room for the group with whom I was working and - no problem the next day I was set up in a much more suitable room.
The Soup and sandwiches we had for the group were not particularly good one day - no problem, profuse apologies and very nice sandwiches and wraps each day since and some double cooked chips to boot! As it is a group of men I am working with, they all demolish the chips in seconds! Same with the morning coffee, they added croissants and I have a happy group of colleagues.
The first week I was there I must have been the visitor from hell! Every day if not twice or three times a day I needed something, printing, photocopying, flip chart pens, you name it I needed it but it was never a problem, reception desk staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. Despite all this when I arrived for week 2 they upgraded me to a superior room which was even nicer, as quoted before, tiny balcony, river view, bigger bed etc.
Dining room staff are just the same - a warm friendly greeting at breakfast, a query about your day in the evening.
So - from the two standpoints I would thoroughly recommend the hotel. Business use is easy and well serviced. Staying as an hotel guest is a pleasant experience because of the staff attention to customer care and service. Oh yes the gym is pretty good too, four 'cardio' type treadmills, bikes, cross trainer etc., and a multigym type thing you can do other exercise. There is a reasonable enough amount of floor space too so I can do some stretching, squats etc. Well done Absolute management, you have some lovely staff

Room Tip: superior rooms really are nicer - the river view, balcony and extra large bed
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just back from staying at the hotel for 2 nights.Stayed here as a couple. It was amazing. We booked the hotel last minute online and chose the upgrade. We didn't get to the hotel till late that night. Conceirge at reception was very helpful and nice and upgraded us even more when we arrived free of charge. Our room was amazing! Best we have ever stayed in. We had a huge comfortable bed. We had a balcony off our room, There was not only one but two huge flatscreens in the room. The bathroom was lovely. The bath was lovely and big not like those little pokey ones that you get in other hotels. The restaurant downstairs was amazing. The food was to die for, absolutely delicious and the barman was very helpful with telling us things to do and where to go.The only thing that was a bit off putting was the heating in the room. It seemed to be cool a lot of the time. There is a heat an air/con setting in the room, I would advise you to figure out how to work it or call reception. Other than that everything was perfect and I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone and I will be doing so myself in the future

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ciara E
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Just back from week end away at Absolute Hotel. Very impressed!!! It is a really good 4 star hotel!!!
Food is good, service is great! Really modern hotel with spacious rooms. We've got a complimentary upgrade to superior room with amazing river view plus sweets and pop corn as a part of " unlimited movies" deal.
For just an extra €5 u can have your breakfast in the room which is great!!!
We had fantastic time and sure be back soon for another relaxing week end!!

A little tip. Give ur visa( not debit) card details when you check in, otherwise you won't be able to put your bills for drinks and etc on your room.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Absolute on a Friday night. After a long journey we were dismayed to find the tiny on site car park full, and had to go across the road to park at a charge of €5, so be warned.

Apart from that we had a great stay, friendly check in, really nice room, and great bar food.

Breakfast was great, apart from dirty cups!

All in all a good stay, and central to the city centre, but not sure if I'd rush back.

Would recommend the Milk Market on a Saturday, great food and local coffee!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shielseey
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Really nice place, very modern and clean. The parking garage was nice and secure. The staff was very kind, but have us some wrong information about walking distances. But I would definitely stay there again!!!