“Everything is Absolutely Great”
Review of Absolute Hotel

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 26 December 2013

During the last year the best hotel I stayed in was Absolute Hotel & Spa in Limerick City. It is a 4-minute walk from King’s John Castle. The Standard Room was wonderful in all respects -- spacious, cozy, clean, comfortable and beautifully designed in modern minimalistic style. Absolute provided, as all decent Irish hotels, the tsars beds, very clean wall-to-wall carpeting, good light for reading in bed, fresh air if you care to open the window, and good air conditioning. WiFi was fast and available everywhere in the hotel. Superb service was provided by reception and at the fancy restaurant. Absolute was the only hotel during our Ireland trip with a 24-hour gym. I regret only one thing – that we didn’t stay longer.

1  Thank nina_swims
There are newer reviews for Absolute Hotel

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed for one night in early November 2013. Very modern hotel close enough to the city centre but its location is not in a very attractive area and coming back to the hotel walking late at night was of some concern with some rough looking young men on the banks of the river who had to be passed to get to the hotel.Distant to short to take a taxi. Walking in a summer evening would probally be ok. Rooms were very modern with all items one requires for a pleasant stay. Evening meals were reasonable and satisfactory, breakfast was good. Staff were very pleasant and helpful, giving me very good directions to get where I needed to go. Will use the hotel on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river, very pleasant view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael848
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here for one night in November. We landed in Ireland at 5am, did some sight-seeing in the morning, drank a lot of coffee, and got to the hotel around noon. The front desk staff were great - they let us park in the garage, and did what they could to get us checked in early; the room, however, wasn't ready yet. Not a big deal, we walked around the area, had lunch, and checked in at 3 and took a nap. While in the middle of the city, you didn't hear the noise...in fact, it was raining out (I know, a shocker in Ireland) and was actually kind of soothing to listen to. The hotel bar was great and reasonably priced, the breakfast the next morning was outstanding, the hotel itself was immaculate, the staff was phenomanal, and we would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: If the rest of the hotel was like our room, I don't think there's a bad room at all!
1  Thank FFEMT74
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I awoke on Friday morning, Dec. 6, 2013 about 3:00 am to use the toilet and noticed a smell of what I recognized as a nail polish remover smell, often Toluene. I got concerned as the odor became stronger and checked the hallway where the smell was much, much stronger. Now between worried and angry, before I called 999, I thought I'd check downstairs. I found a floor refinishing project underway in the front lobby with a worker in a gas mask! The night manager tried his best, but he was the face I had to vent to. This was a totally unacceptable situation, very dangerous. They have television messages to greet arriving guests in their rooms that could have been used to notify them of the upcoming work or perhaps they could have put up signs. I recommended a different contractor or a low VOC product applied more frequently. Here in the US, I would report them to the DEP or the EPA, but I will find the proper office to file my formal complaint, bless the internet. They're perhaps lucky I didn't empty the entire hotel with a call to emergency services. My wife is a big Facebook fan too, so watch for that, I'm sure. One hates to tell friends and fellow travelers of their trips and say "Nice place, but.....". Whoever made the decision to perform this service and the service company that decided on the chemicals and ventilation to be used should be disciplined. Too bad, Limerick needs as much good press as they can get.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Mr Dyer

Further to the email I sent you on the 9th December I want to again sincerely apologise for your experience with us.
I know you had also spoke to my early duty manager the morning after whereby you gave him your feedback and he apologized and offered something to try make it up to you. i accept that you did not want anything as you were clearly upset with what happened.
From your feedback, we clearly did not deliver a comfortable nights rest which I accept is the minimum we should give you.
I was disappointed you decided not to engage with me but accept that there is no obligation on you to do so.
In regard to the points raised I have addressed them all in my email communication with you directly.
Finally I know you apologised for your behavior following your interaction with our night manager, who was quite intimidated and I had hoped in light of this you would have talked to me directly to discuss the whole issue.
We'll learn from this and communicate better to our guests if ever a similar event arises.

Regards

Donnacha Hurley

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went to Ireland on a 7 day package. By far the most stylish and classy hotel we stayed at was the Absolute. Our room looked over the river, There is secure parking under the building. The staff are very helpful! The breakfst was excellent. The rooms were modern, clean and very stylish. I was impressed and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: get a river view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mepps W
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hubby and I just returned from a glorious trip to the "Emerald Isle". We had the pleasure of staying in four wonderful hotels during our visit. #1 stop was "the Aspect Hotel Kilkenny". Very nice, modern feel. Room was NOT as quiet as promised...there was a "hen" party or something like that going on during the night. Bed was PERFECT! Service was Excellent! #2 stop was "Absolute Hotel and Spa." It was beautiful! Centrally located, excellent service, great staff, wonderful restaurant in the hotel, walking distance from everything if you didn't mind a nip in the air. Our room was a little small, but very nicely appointed. I did a minor "fix" on the bathroom door-the hinge was very squeaky-so I oiled it. This was a beautifully appointed hotel! Stop #3 was the Scotts Hotel Killarney. This was an older hotel-very gracious staff, like a grande dame. Still beautiful, but aging gracefully. Fun too! Parking lot UNDER the hotel. We walked everywhere and took a few road trips as well! Last stop was the North Star Dublin. This hotel is undergoing renovations to the front of the hotel but didn't take away from the ambience inside. Hotel staff were very informative, efficient, charming. We actually received a room upgrade when we checked in. The room was beautiful, bed comfortable, view amazing. Connally Station is right behind the hotel, so if you don't like trains, don't stay here. My husband and I both like the sounds of trains, so that didn't both us.
We had a fabulous time! Kudos to the Porterhouse Restaurant in Killarney! Food was marvelous! Service spectacular!

Room Tip: do your research! most hotels are very willing to help if you need something special. it doesn't...
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience, this is a real gem of a hotel, in the heart of the city without being on a busy street. I was lucky enough to get a room on 5th floor with a view of the city by night overlooking the river, spectacular. Breakfast was delicious, window seat, again overlooking the river, this time I had the company of 2 swans and a signet. This is more than a hotel, this is an experience in tranquillity, and as for the staff, friendly, helpful, courteous, understanding and happy in their job. Highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business