“Fabulous, service, style, food ”
Review of Absolute Hotel

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. From outside firstly you don't realise how big it is . Going up to 5/6 floors. We checked in for one night and were having dinner too . I must say the front desk crew are refreshing . They were efficient - friendly - very warm to deal with and didn't come across the tired stressed normal front staff I meet in irish hotels. The hotel itself is stunning , modern, new with a lots of light . The bar and grill was nicely laid out and you could forget you are in a hotel with the small pub feel to it .
For those who like more intimacy there are seats located outside the bar and grill with their own space to the side . The menu was really good value at €25 for a 4 course dinner with plenty of choice 6/7 mains so I was impressed they weren't restrictive. The wine recommended was a beauty. I didn't use the spa however the many people I saw going through were obviously fond of the Spa.
Overall a lovely team, great breakfast and 12 checkout . Nicely done .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emmaolohan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,027)

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a fabulous stay in the Absolute.
The hotel itself is amazing - stylish, spotless and comfortable, with friendly welcoming staff who genuinely want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The hotel was perfect for us - a few girls in limerick for a rugby match and a spot of shopping (of course!). Would 100% recommend the Absolute as a base for a break way in Limerick and a little pampering.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed in the Absolute on New Years Eve.

The hotel parking was full so i had to find on street parking but this turned out to be positive as it was free!

Check-in was a breeze and the lobby area was very nicely decorated.

I had booked a superior room and I found it to be nicely decorated, huge but missing some finer touches that I would have expected for a "superior" room.

I haven't stayed in the standard rooms so I can't compare directly.

the bathroom was nice, the shower was superb.

The TV had a great selection of channels but it was a bit too small and far away from the bed (I'm nit picking now).

Breakfast was tasty but they were severely under staffed. Having asked for custom orders from the kitchen we then had to constantly chase up the servers.

I would definitely stay here again and it is definitely one of the better hotels in Limerick city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

this is a really lovely hotel very modern extremely clean, food is fantastic staff helpful and friendly would highly recommend.my wife and i stayed here and we had a fab night only regret was we didnt stay longer.

Room Tip: parking is the only downside, there is only very small options.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Have stayed here on several occasions , the most recent at the start of January.
Got a great internet deal so jumped at the chance to have a night out in Limerick.
Love the bedrooms at the Absolute - large , spacious and quirky details make them interesting.
We rarely spend any time in the bar even though we do like to have a drink after dinner. It lacks atmosphere and is actually quiet small so on this occasion we had dinner in a restaurant in town and sat in the lobby to have an after dinner drink when we got back to the hotel.
Breakfast is the usual buffet style - all ok but nothing very exciting. Didn't like either the sausages or pudding on offer but as I usually don't eat a full breakfast I opted instead for eggs which were cooked to order.
Our internet deal had included free movies but after checking out we noticed we had been charged for them. The fee was refunded when we pointed it out but I sometimes wonder if it's charged on purpose and left to the customer to spot the error ? My suspicious mind working overtime - maybe it's time for another night away !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thanks for the overall positive feedback. Fair point on the bar and when we can that area is earmarked for reformatting. Just to put your mind at rest as part of the licensing arrangement with the movie the charge must be processed but it should be adjusted off before checkout. we don't try to generate new revenue lines by that method - we're fairly straight to the point!. I hope you'll make it back at some stage.
regards

Donnacha Hurley

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Unfortunately I only spent one night on a business trip in this fantastic hotel. What a gem, the location, the parking, the staff, the rooms and the food in the restaurant were all first class.

However I wouldn’t like this to become too popular just in case there are no rooms left available the next time I visit Limerick….

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel really is a gem in Limerick and it stands out from the outside and in. The vibe is modern but relaxing. The room itself is very modern with nice lighting and up to date furnishing. It may be a little dark for some people but I thought it was perfect. The one thing that sets this hotel apart is how modern and how well it was designed. Everything flows and there is not one thing I would change. The showerhead that they have installed is like a flood (I think the name is tsunami shower) and the bathroom has two sinks. On site there is also a gym, even though it is not big it is still enough to get in a casual workout. The location itself of the hotel is central to the city and other attractions near by like the castle. I would recommend anyone stay a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family