“July 2014”

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
“July 2014”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel is centrally located within minutes of city center, short walk to king John's castle. Hotel is modern with generous room space. Located overlooking river. Breakfast is excellent in the top tier of Irish breakfasts, in my top 3 of all hotels I have staid in..
Restarant food is very good and excellent value for money. I had a goats cheese peacan nuts and strawberry salad starter which would be on my list of one of the best courses I have ever eaten.
Staff are friendly and helpful and overall I would have no hesitation in recommending for a short break in Limerick or as a base for exploring Limerick/Clare.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really enjoy staying in this hotel. I'm just back from my 3rd visit there and will definitely be back again. We were a group of 8 girls away for the day and night. On check-in our rooms were available early and we then relaxed in the hotel bar with a glass of wine and nibbles.
Our rooms were spotless, the floors are quite warm being the season we are in but the air con in the room balances everything out.
We also booked our dinner in the hotel as part of our hotel package which came with a bottle of wine. The dinner was very tasty and the house wine was very enjoyable.
We headed into the town after dinner, you can walk but we were girls in our high heels so the lovely lady in reception called us a taxi and they charged 2 euro per head into the city centre.
Breakfast was equally delicious, you can choose from a menu or alternatively help yourself to the hot buffet or continental style which has those lovely mini pastries and my friends who are chocolate lovers were delighted to find Nutella sachets available with the other condiments.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank meady80
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for one night while in Limerick for business. The staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming, and I was able to store my suitcase at the front desk after I checked out but was still in town for a few hours. I was in a standard double room, which was incredibly big and spacious! The bathroom was large as well, and the shower pressure was fab, which is sometimes a rarity at hotels, so I definitely notice when it's good! Breakfast was included in my room rate, and there was quite a large selection to choose from. I also asked for two poached eggs which I received quite quickly. Though perhaps too quickly - I'm all for a runny yolk, but parts of the egg white was raw as well, so I had to pick out bits here and there. The only other downside or weird thing was that my TV turned on for some reason at about 7.20am - I hadn't asked for a wake-up call and was letting myself sleep in til about 8am, so this was a bit of an unwelcome annoyance. Otherwise, I had a lovely stay and would definitely book here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights last month. Our room was very spacious and modern over looking the river. A great TV for watching the late world cup games when our kids were asleep! The bathroom was nice with a great shower and a good supply of towels etc. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant and the bar had a great atmosphere. We opted for the three course set menu meal deal which was keenly priced. We availed of the underground car-park. Staff were friendly and all in all we really enjoyed our stay and will choose this hotel the next time we are back in Limerick. I have already recommended the hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DNDL123
Ennis
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I only generally take the time to write a review when I'm very impressed by a place. I booked this hotel last minute as a treat for my boyfriend and myself. We just had the one night and I really wish we had a few days staying here.
We are from Clare so not too far to travel and often stay in limerick. I have stayed in numerous hotels in the city and they are all very nice( no complaints) but now that I have stayed in the Absolute this will be my choice from now on. We were so impressed we said we will make it a monthly thing to get away for a night and have a nice dinner to relax from busy lives and that we will be choosing the Absolute to do this in.
The hotel is very modern and we got a fabulous room on request , it was very spacious, very clean and nice and quiet. It had a lovely bathroom, very comfortable bed and great television.
We ate in the restaurant that night we were on a package that included a two course meal. The food was delicious I got chicken and he got the fish, really tasty , very well presented and NO corners cut, which I think is very important. We got a bottle of wine and there was a good selection reasonably priced. We shared a starter and desert and we loved the desert so much( Apple and berry crumble with cream and ice cream-presented so nicely ) we ordered a second one.

The breakfast the next morning was equally as impressive brilliant selection of hot and cold food. The fruit, seeds and yogurt were all fresh and tasty.
This is a lovely hotel , we really enjoyed our stay and would like to say thank you and well done. We will certainly be back and recommending your hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel was a bit difficult to find, even with GPS since it doesn't stand out very well, and there is a one way road that surrounds the hotel. Go into the parking garage as soon as you see it, for ease of accessing the hotel and not doing another lap around the property. You access the hotel from the garage.

Once inside, the hotel is very contemporary, and the rooms are great. We had a suite, with a patio (complete with table & chairs) overlooking the water! There were two nice flat screen TVs.
We enjoyed our evening meal at the hotel, and used room service for breakfast and were pleased with everything.

We were only there one night, so we didn't have a chance to walk into town and discover what was nearby. However, it's only a 30 minute drive from the Shannon airport, and a great hotel to stay at in association with the airport.

We would recommend the hotel!!

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room that overlooks the water!