2,171 results
All reviews abbey river bar and grill great hotel superior room modern hotel within walking distance city centre king john's castle secure parking hunt museum car park hotel restaurant great room both nights buffet style would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for one night
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The hotel was clean and there was a safe (I feel important as an international traveler). I don't drink tea or coffee but I wish I did because they had this really neat set up to make some in the hotel room. No refrigerator.

The Staff was very helpful and I was always greeted with a smile as I walked into the door. Multiple times staff helped me from directions, to trying to a specific item to bring home as a gift, and even helping me find better rates with the local taxi's. They were all great.

Downstairs there is a bar and a dining area. The food was excellent and one night they really took good care of me when I came in just as they were closing. I still appreciate the fact that I did not go to bed hungry that night after waking up with major jet lag.

The bartenders were really just awesome. I am not usually a bar fly but they made me feel welcome. I was able to find a new whiskey I really enjoyed and tried a bunch more that I would have never tried other wise. Most importantly I laughed..... a lot. That was because of Darren the bartender I had most of my stay. It really made my stay at the hotel memorable and he really helped me get settled into the environment.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
MarkButler-Absolute, Front Office Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Absolute Hotel, Limerick.

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that Darren stood out to you. He is funny, sweet and an excellent bar tender. Our staff are welcoming and friendly and they want to get to know you and help as best they can. I am happy to see that the team was able to get you something to eat after closing time, as we always want to do our best and treat you as our guest.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Beautiful accommodation upgraded to junior suite on arrival :)) Great staff very efficient and friendly...beautiful food...car parking facilities free of charge at the hotel which was a bonus and very convenient...would definitely revisit again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Clodagh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Absolute Hotel, Limerick.

Very happy to see that you had a nice stay with us. We will always attempt to upgrade guests who book with us directly at Absolutehotel.com, where our best rates can be found. Our staff are welcoming and friendly and glad you could feel this. We are the only city centre hotel with complimentary car parking and I am very glad to see that you will visit us again.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Myself and my husband had out first night away together since having the kids and the hotel staff could not have been helpful and friendly. They up graded us and the room had a beautiful river view balcony and was so spacious. The hotel is spotless with the most fabulous bathroom. Top marks all around

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Absolute Hotel,Limerick.

So happy to see that we were able to upgrade you and that you had a nice mini break. We always will attempt to upgrade our guests who book direct at Absolutehotel.com and it is where our best rates can be found. Our rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time away.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband and I are an older couple who have had the good fortune of staying in a lot of hotels over the years. We were at the Absolute for 10 days as my husband had a little business. We have been to Ireland many times as my husband is from Northern Ireland. This time we decided to just stay in one location and we are so fortunate that we were guests at the Absolute Hotel. I can still see all of the smiling faces of staff who work together as a team and enjoy not only the guests but each other. The food is wonderful and varied and we even brought a family with a two year old and another couple for dinner on separate occasions. When my husband had a work dinner, I could eat simple food at the bar and have interesting conversation. Make sure you get the breakfast package as the breakfast buffet (you can also order special things) is phenomenal.

The hotel finds a way to make everyone happy including locals, short term guests, tour groups, and people like us. The tour group guests always commented that this was the best hotel they had stayed in. We met many interesting people at the bar and restaurant.

You can walk everyone in Limerick including the newly renovated castle. Make sure you go to the Hunt Museum and the little art museum.

I know the names of many of the staff but don't want to forget anyone so I will not mention anyone by name. But please know that I was very sad to leave the Absolute because of the people.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room that was upgraded by paying an added charge of $15. But I did not hear anyone complain about the room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel. Bar area was lovely, we stayed midweek but there was still a good atmosphere in the bar. We ate in the restaurant and while there wasn't a lot on the menu for my taste I had the salmon and it was lovely. We paid extra for a Suite and the room was lovely but not sure if it was worth the price. Staff were very friendly and the parking was secure and the hotel allowed us to leave the car in there on check out day until we were leaving that evening.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amopower25
MarkButler-Absolute, Front Office Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Absolute Hotel, Limerick.

Happy to see that you had a nice stay with us. Our hotel team are welcoming and knowledgeable and may it be Saturday night or mid week, you will have a smile and friendly conversation waiting for you. Our suite rooms are large, Abbey River facing rooms, with balcony, large bath tub and separate seating area. We are the only city centre hotel to offer complimentary car parking. Glad that you got to try Absolute Bar and Grill and I also like the salmon, served with a broccoli and leek quiche.

A little disappointed to only get 3 stars after a nice stay so I hope that you will return again soon and hopefully we will be able to offer you that little bit extra.