“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Absolute Hotel

Absolute Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Stayed in this hotel in early December. Hotel was really nice, staff very friendly and helpful. Food was very great. The room was very modern and offered free wifi which is always a nice touch. The door into the bathroom was slightly weird as it is one of those trendy glass walls and door combinations, the only off putting thing i would suggest is if i was staying here with someone other than my husband I would be a little embarassed as there is a a gap between where the glass wall and door meet so you have to make sure you do not look in the direction of the bathroom when someone is in there (maybe that is just me). The second night we stayed there a corporate Christmas party were booked into the function room, when we returned from our night out the music was blaring, it was so loud in our room that we could actually hear the words of the songs, we called reception who very kindly told us the manager was trying to wrap up the party, the music was stopped about 20 minutes later.
I would not let me put this off staying here, we still had a great time and probably would go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,037)

Reviewed 17 December 2010

We stayed here to both celebrate my mothers birthday and also go to a heineken cup match. The hotel was great value for a heineken cup weekend. Our room was fabulous, I think it was a wheelchair accessible room as everything was very spacious. The location of the hotel is very central for shopping, dining and Thomond park. I reckon this will be our first port of call for accommodation in Limerick in future as we were delighted with everything!!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We do a LOT of travelling each year, so we stay in LOTS of hotels around the UK and in Ireland, this year we ended on a high!

It is the little attention to detail that makes this hotel the best we have visted in 2010; the staff were all excellent, attentive but not intrusive, the food was superb and the rates very reasonable for what you received. Breakfast was lovely.

We hosted an event here and the room was great (Abbey 1&2) and the cookies with the Tea & Coffee were to die for, freshly baked just out of the oven! They were so nice I had to have 2. As I say it is the little things that make all the difference

Good work all, thank you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I recently returned to Absolut having had a most enjoyable experience earlier in the year. i had requested adjoining twin rooms - didn't happen as apparentl there was a double room between them, strang considering that the room I ended up with was clearly a double bed pulled apart and for some reason which I was told often happens we were given different rooms than what was stated on the hotel registration form???? The room myself and my friend was clearly a disabled room but on check the receptinist attemted to fob my complaint about the beds saying we were in a spacious superior room ----spacious yes but because it was for disabled access.
my main ggripe was that the twin beds were SHOCKINGLY made dressed with quilts with covers that were at least 3-4 inches to short for the quilt and could not be closed at the end. Never have I seen appalling housekeeping. even the sheets- not fitted type were too small.
When we were going out for the evening I mentioned to reception that I would like the beds redone as they were a disgrace..They were just pulled lower down on the bed nothing else done with them..upon check out I ws advised that the Duty Manager had checked them..It says a lot for managemeent standards if they were acceptable. I believet they expected me to return a bit worse for wear and notice....I don't drink!!!
Mentioning my disappointment upon checkout I was fobbed off with the superoir room story and the duty manager checking.. Extremely poor defensive customer service. Promised an upgrade to a suite on my next visit as if.. very disappointed and in all my travels have never been so let down by a hotel stay

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2010

Dear Matvala

Sorry we let you down on this occasion. I’m disappointed that this issue totally overshadowed your review so much. It is very disappointing.
If we were unable to accommodate your request this should have been clearly explained. Our rooms are exchangeable which means that sometimes they operate as twins and sometimes as doubles as we “split” the bed to accommodate guest requirements.
Our adapted rooms are obviously more specious and it would have been good customer service to mention this at check in although we seldom encounter any issues from guests on this matter.
Regarding your main concern of the poor housekeeping I am at a loss to explain. We do this all regularly and have appropriate bed clothes. Obviously this is not what you experienced but please believe it is not our standard.
If I receive further details I will be able to clarify why one of our managers left the beds in a poor state. We do not have poor management standards but issues do arise and in this case it should have been handled better. We would never presume that you would return worse for wear and not notice. That would be poor management!. Again I don’t know the specifics of the interaction with reception but the person believed (incorrectly) that the duty manager the previous night has sorted the situation and the suite offer was a genuine goodwill offer. I’m sorry to see you have never been so let down by a hotel stay with what happened regarding the bedding issue. This is a disappointing impression to leave with you. It is not our standard. I will try and identify what happened so this can never happen again.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

Had a very pleasant two-night stay in the Absolute last weekend. It's a very modern hotel and located within walking distance of most of the attractions in Limerick city. The entrance lobby is spacious and very pleasing to the eye- staff were friendly and attentive and check-in was completed in a matter of minutes. There's limited free parking underneath the hotel and if you wish to avail of it, you just press the button outside the car park and staff will raise the shutter electronically for you. We were very impressed with our room - airy and very tastefully decorated. It was also extremely quiet - never heard a sound on either of the nights. Lovely bathroom too with a decent-sized shower - yes, they do exist in some hotels! We had a delicious meal in the hotel's Riverbank restaurant on one of the nights, and also must mention the excellent self-service breakfast there every morning. In a nutshell, a great place to stay - can't recommend it highly enough and will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Stayed here with my wife while down seeing a rugby match,this is one great hotel,the location is great within a 5 min walk of shopping and attractions,20 min walk to the rugby stadium.Reception staff were first class,as were bar and all other staff.The rooms are spacious and well presented,comfy beds,great shower etc.The restaruant is first class and great value,good selection of wines.Would recommend this hotel to anyone,

Reviewed 9 November 2010

sorry wrote a long review then lost it but 2 cut a long story short yes i wud recommend this hotel but don't pay the upgrade 2 a suite i did and it wasn't worth it no fridge no bathrobe and slippers which i thought wud b standard with a 4 star hotel. food is fab and staff and very very friendly and helpful which is a great plus side put my room put a dampner on it i've stayed in 3 star suites which have been better. shud have asked 2 see a standard room?????plus bar and reataurant r on 2nd floor and we wer on 1st floor and i cud hear everythin i sleep wel when i eventually get there but if ya don't ask 4 higher floor

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
DonnachaGM, General Manager at Absolute Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Dear Kazz 11
Thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear you lost your review! I’m disappointed that you did not think the upgrade was worth it. We really believe in the marketplace we have great roomstock with being a newly built hotel. The room is larger than our standard rooms. It is fair to say there should have been robes and slippers in there. We don’t have any minibars but have 24 hour room service and a “larder at the lift” with lots of products. The reception is on the ground floor with bar and restaurant on the 1st floor. Bedrooms are not. Hopefully you’ll come back, stay in a standard room and be blown away!