“excellent 5 star hotel”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Tipperary, Ireland
“excellent 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I can honestly say that our stay at the Savoy was a real treat. From the moment we arrived it was lovely. We got there early but this was no problem at all, we were in our room by midday. Staff were so helpful at all times, nothing was too much trouble. We had a lovely afternoon tea and loved the piano playing, it was so relaxing. Loved the complimentary bottled water in our room it was a nice touch. Parking was across the road could not have been more convenient for a hotel in the heart of Limerick city. Great location for shopping, I cannot find a single thing that was not up to my expectations, we will definitely be back, cant wait.

Room Tip: we had a very reasonably priced executive room, it was on a corner with a lovely view of the river s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oasisvisitor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I organised a seminar in October 2011 in Limerick's Savoy Hotel. I could not have been more impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rates were highly competitive and the value offered was exceptional. The rooms available were ideal for our purposes. Every member of staff I encountered went over and above to help and the atmosphere was calm and friendly. The food was of a very high quality and the AV services offered for conferences was first class. I would strongly recommend anyone to visit/stay/organise an event with this hotel. I was highly impressed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
galway
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Excellent hotel, excellent location and the beds are to die for. Staff very friendly and so facilitating. They upgraded us for free which was a lovely surprise. Breakfast great and choice of dinner locations. 5 star accomodation for 3 star prices. Hotel right in the middle of best shopping in Limerick.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had the pleasure of staying here in September and loved every minute of it. The hotel is located in the city centre and there was parking available in a multistory car park across the road. We booked a suite which was comfortable and offered a great view. The package available was brilliant and included an evening meal, snacks, afternoon tea, prosecco and was worth every penny.

Good points:
Food food food
Extras included in the very reasonable package
Staff were so friendly and very accomodating
Comfort of room

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erinWestmeath
cork
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Second stay in this excellent hotel, the accomodation is first class , the friendlinest and service of the staff is second to none, the breakfast is everything you could ask for. For some reason the pool was out of action which was dissapointing . Looking forward to our next stay

Ireland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We live near Limerick and frequent the Savoy for Breakfast or afternoon tea in the Lizst lounge. Sometimes dinner in the Hamptons restaurant as special treats. Recently we have had some French visitors and of course I booked them into the Savoy. They were so impressed with the service and courtesy shown to them. The room was spacious, quiet and tastefully decorated. The hotel is central to the City. We joined them for dinner in our favourite Hamptons restaurant, being French I was a tad worried of their cuisine opinions. I need not have worried, they relished every dish. When you book a hotel/restaurant for friends you do take a risk that it will meet their expectations. I need not have worried. http://www.savoylimerick.com/home.htm

This Sunday, Hubby asks “how about breakfast in Savoy?”. I grab the bag in lightning speed and am In the car in minutes, putting on the makeup.
Going through the doors, a cheery greeting from Reception, up the stairs, we can hear the hum of conversation, the restaurant is quite full. Vincenzo greets us with his usual aplomb and sets the tone for our morning. Christian or Vincenzo, when either are on duty, you will be treated like royalty, or better if the current royalty is anything to go by. As Vincenzo chats to us, he never stops surveying the restaurant, directing and paying attention to everyone.
Hubby orders the omelette, utterly delicious. Visually wonderful, expectations fully met, with crisp veg, steaming hot, and full of flavour. Leave the condiments alone, you won’t need them. Cheese dripping, the last time he had an omelette like this was in Tel Aviv/Israel (or mine when I’m in the mood!) I had the Eggs Benedict, heaven on a plate. Soft as I asked for, sauce so delicious, ham so lean. The coffee appears like magic as our cups gets low. I asked the waitress for juice and brown bread, nutty please. Back she pops with everything; it’s at this stage I looked around us. I then realise the juice, fruit, bread etc. is self-service along the wall. Yikes... Did she tell me to “go fetch”, no! Would many other waitresses tell me where to go, oh yes! She brought me the Sunday papers with a smile. Nothing is too much. Free WIFI if you’re addicted to iPhones, etc.
The staff are quick efficient and charming. Savoy has been our favourite place to eat, drink and relax since we moved to Limerick. As for the Hamptons restaurant, same charm, efficiency and excellent food. Look at their menu if you don’t believe me and get there to taste. They have lots of offers at the moment, €99 for dinner & B.B/fast We could run up the road 5 miles and book in, escape the family and they would never suspect where we went, good idea me thinks..

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you would like, they will see to it.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I had lunch at the hotel with my family. We had to wait five minutes to be seated even though there seemed to be lots of staff around and it was a quarter to one. The floor around the table where we were seated was filthy, though the table was set for service. My mum and sister had bouillabaisse and when it arrived it was cold and had a piece of fish with the skin still on, floating on the top. My dad and other sister ordered sandwiches that were supposed to include 'baked Limerick ham' you would expect the real thing in a five star hotel. They got a slice of packet ham each. I had to leave most of my chicken wrap behind me, it was full of horrible spiky lettuce and the chicken was still pink - not good!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family