“we were with a group of friends in the hotel restaurant as well as the hamptons”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 14 May 2013

For a 5 star hotel one would expect 5 star service. That was missing completely because the new waiters there didnt have a clue about serving dishes and drinks at all. The management should make sure that their staff is properly trained before they deal with guests. Waiting for 40 mins just to get an Irish Coffee is bad, waiting for knife and fork for the afternoon tea is worse, having to ask 3 times makes it terrible.My husband ordered a cup of coffe and all he got was half a cup full. The waiter didnt even know, that coffee and refills were included in the price. Definitely not impressed with the service there!!! The food was standard. The barman in the Hamptons restaurant can be rather snotty to guests who might not give him the right answer for what they want the table for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 10 May 2013

My beautiful niece got married last Saturday in Co. Clare and after Church we travelled to the Savoy in Limerick for the reception. What a welcome, what a venue! Red carpet and champagne awaited all of us, not just the bridal party. The ballroom was decorated with style, tables with white linen, sparking cutlery and flower arrangements that complimented the bridal party. The food was mouthwatering, served by very friendly staff. My only problem was making the choice as to what I wanted to eat!! Every need was taken care of without the need to ask. We stayed that night in a spotlessly clean room and was served a beautiful fresh breakfast the next day to set us on our way. This was the way to celebrate a wedding, in fact it's the only way! Thank you to all in the Savoy, you made our celebration extra special.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is the best hotel I have stayed in. It has the best customer service, food, room, and overall gives 100% ro everything. It is central and so near the shops and bars. The group I was with were so impressed and all of us will return. The management and staff should be so proud of themselves and other hotels should be run this way. I have no negative comments. The Hamptons where we eat was exceptional the service and food first class. Customer service is key here and all the staff were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: All rooms perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The room was awesome! There was a separate tub and shower, bar area, lots of space. Some things were difficult to figure out--which switches operated what lights, how to lock the door, how to turn on the TV...should be simple stuff but it wasn't!!! Parking was a disastrous situation. You have to park in a parking garage across the street and it is NOT free. You have to speak into an intercom to be let in. For some reason, my husband and father in law were then LOCKED inside the garage. They finally talked with someone in a command center in another country to be let out! How awful!!! I think the reason everything is locked down is because Limerick looks to be a rough area. I am not sure I would stay at that hotel again. Also, in the morning, one of two elevators was broken so you can imagine the back up that caused. And, the breakfast was outrageously expensive.

Room Tip: I don't know a good solution: our room looked across the street at a parking garage as all rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Checked into the Savoy early am. Staff was very helpful and rooms were ready. Rooms were quiet and clean and updated very nice. Hotel Restaurants were good.Hotel has a great location. Plenty to see and do within walking distance. I will repeat when I am in Limerick .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed recently in Savoy on their 2 night package and dinner in Hamptons restaurant,next door.
The staff are really polite from the moment you enter reception.Tthe executive double room so nice and comfortable.The breakfast is excellent with efficient waiter service for main breakfast.The choice for breakfast is excellent and nothing is a problem for staff. Will definitely re visit though I think it may be booked up for the 16th July when Bruce plays Thomond Park ! I've meal booked in Hamptons so that will go down well !The food in hamptons is excellent and their early bird menu is great value. Have been back to hotel and hamptons before and always look forward to going back. Staff doing excellent job.Location is excellent, right in city centre and parking at special very reasonable rate at nearby Dunnes Store when you stay in Savoy

Room Tip: Stayed on 7th floor and found it excellent no noise and a good night sleep
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is a superb hotel so clean and modern, location was excellent as us based in centre of the city, day staff were so friendly and helpful made us feel so welcome, the rooms are very spacious and spotless clean. Only issue we had was with the night shift, we checked in late enough and were greeted by the gentleman, he checked us in and observed we were staying for 3 nights and told us to enjoy our stay he was very professional, on our second night we decided to go out in the city centre for a few drinks to see what the night life was like we had a great time, on return to the hotel approx 3.30am myself and my partner along with 4 other guest were entering the reception to get the lift to our rooms , the gentleman stopped me and my partner out of the group of guest walking in and asked us where were we going, at first I taught it was some sort of misunderstanding as he checked us in on our arrival, we told him we were guest and gave him the room number, he was very ignorant to us then he must have remember who we were and changed , he was all apologies to us but we were mortified and extremely embarrassed to have been put in that situation , a group of guest walking into the hotel and we got stopped for no reason as he was the person to check us in he should have remember our faces. We like this hotel and would recommend it but we won't be staying here again, is a pity because it is a fabulous hotel and 99% of staff are lovely and very friendly

• Stayed: April 2013