The Savoy Hotel
US$247
  • Pool
US$151
US$141
Woodfield House Hotel(Limerick)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$329
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,249 results
All reviewshamptons restaurantmolton brown toiletriesdunnes storesturn down serviceafternoon teathe executive loungesparkling waterfive star hotelcar parkeggs benedictstar servicelimerick citymini barlovely hoteljunior suitesteam roomlocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Savoy for a 2 night stay recently as part of a group of 14 on a hen weekend. I was organising the weekend and found Elaine and Elizabeth extremely hepful in the lead up to the weekend. The hotel itself is lovely and the rooms fantastic. The only dissapointment was the spa, the pool is so small that it was impossible to have a proper swim in it. The jacuzzi and steam room were nice but the sauna was not working and there was only one lounger in the pool area. The good points about the hotel is that the location is fantastic, the breakfast is the best I have had in a hotel both in terms in quality and choice and is served until midday which is a huge bonus. We also had a cocktail class in the bar for our group which was arranged through the hotel and was with Eoin, who is an excellent barman. We had so much fun for the hour and it was extremely good value. I would definitely visit the hotel again but with the expectation that it is not worth visiting the spa. Everything else is great however I would probably say it is a very good four star hotel rather than a five star.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very comfortable and clean rooms in an excellent location in Limerick. Lovely pool and jacuzzi. Nice touch with the Molton Brown toiletries. The staff were all very friendly would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Everything about the Savoy makes you feel right at home. I'm currently on a six week Euro-trip and the beds at the Savoy have been unmatched, great night's sleep in quiet and comfort. Great facilities and in a prime location for shopping and dining. All restaurants we chose were within a ten minutes walk. It's also a close walk to the Hunt museum if that's on your itinerary. Definitely would stay again if back in Limerick!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KBeth00
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay in the Savoy and I have to say that it was such a splendid stay. From the lovely welcome we recieved on arrival to the lovely room (very well appointed), delicious food next door in the Hamptons, friendly staff, great breakfasts etc etc etc. I could go on and on but I would be here all day singing the praises of this great hotel . I have to strongly disagree with any comments that question the 5 star rating of the Savoy.... I have stayed in some nice hotels, some very nice and some fab hotels and this one falls in the fab category without a doubt. Very worthy of its 5 stars. Keep up the great great work Team Savoy.
Niamh

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank banSHEIreland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

First and foremost I must say I won this night away as part of a Munster rugby competition. However if we were treating ourselves to an overnight in limerick I would expect more from a five star hotel. The common areas are in serious need of painting as are the common area and bedroom carpets. We took the stairwell from the sixth floor to breakfast and the stairs were grubby.
I have previously stayed in hayfield manor and the westbury and in both hotels you see the difference between four and five star ratings.
Friendly, efficient staff on reception. Good breakfast with superb efficient waiting staff.
As a positive the temperature in the room guaranteed a great sleep.
Bathroom spotless and plenty towels, even though there were two of us sharing, there was one bathrobe, I thought this was odd. Personally I would have liked the water a bit hotter but hubby thought it was fine.
The furniture is quite badly marked also something which would not be the norm in a five star I would think.
Overall a fine hotel, in a good location for a twenty walk to Thomond but I would question the five star rating here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple