“Great Stay!”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a fantastic one night stay. Hotel Receptionists were really helpful, room was spacious, very comfy bed and big bathroom. Read the Paper in the 1st floor with a glass of wine, very chill-axing!!! Breakfast was the best we've ever had and the waiters "Ricardo" wow! Had a swim in the small but perfect pool and used the steam room. Location is ideal for lots of pubs and restaurants near by. And shopping of course. Hotel uses multi story car park across the road and the fee is at a reduced cost. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdsc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great hotel in the heart of Limerick city. A proper hotel that knows how to do luxury. Rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast is lovely and the food at the restaurant is excellent. The perfect place for a business or pleasure in Limerick.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank byrnee2
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing amazing breakfast!! Great bedroom, comfy bed, not mad about the feather pillows. So close to the shops pubs and restaurants. Going to go back with the hubby just so can have that breakfast again. Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bowdibeag
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My mom and I recently spent 10 days traveling across Ireland, and we stayed at the Savoy Hotel in Limerick for two nights before we headed back to Dublin to fly out.

The lobby is impressive and they have a really nice bar (where you can get a decent green tea, too), and the staff is very helpful. A lovely woman at reception named Brenda helped us several times throughout our stay with recommendations, parking instructions, etc.

The rooms are nice, too. We had a twin room and the beds were quite comfortable, and my mom says the shower was the best of any of the hotels we stayed at (I think it was the second-best, but who am I to argue?). There was very little noise in our room, so we got a good night's sleep both nights we were there.

The location is great—you could walk to pretty much anywhere you wanted to go if it was in or near the city center. We walked to King John's Castle (totally worth the 10 euros) and to a couple restaurants. The hotel restaurant is decently priced but the food is not that great—skip it and hit something else in the area instead.

Parking is across the street in a big car park, and they validate so you get a cheaper rate per 24 hours. They also add the parking onto your bill, which is nice—no fussing with the pay machines if there's a long line.

I also really appreciated that they have a set-down area in front of the hotel... we stayed here at the end of our trip so we had quite a bit of bags full of gifts with us, and it was nice to not have to drag those all the way across the busy street from the car park.

All in all, this hotel was great and I would strongly recommend it should you find yourself needing accommodations in the fine city of Limerick.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in the plaza last weekend with my family. I had a great weekend.

The hotel is gorgeous. The receptionist warmly welcomed us. The room I stayed in was fabulous, with a bathtub, shower, very comfy bed and beautiful furniture. We had trouble trying to find the closest car park but other than that I really enjoyed my stay here. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in the Savoy for business again and hotel is still as good as ever. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with some great Molton Brown toiletries. The room that I had was very warm even with the a/c on at its lowest which is my only gripe.

The lobby bar was a nice place to spend a few hours, although the cocktails could have been better.

Breakfast was great, nice continental selection and great a la carte.

Will definitely return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First time staying at The Savoy and wont be the last! Were warmly greeted by a lady and gentleman on reception whom upgraded us to a Junior suite. The room was pure luxury, the most comfortable hotel weren't disturbed by noise during the night.

Breakfast the following morning was a bit hit and miss. The buffet selection was probably the nicest I have seen to date with a great selection of cold meats, juices, cheese, fish, fab yogurts & fruit selection. Warm pastries were delicious. I also noticed the buffet was constantly been topped up by the staff. Then there was a menu to choose omelettes, pancakes, full Irish etc from. I got the vegetarian breakfast and my partner got bacon, sausage and egg. Both our hot breakfasts were tasteless with some items been undercooked and others burnt. It really let the side down!

Location is great, right in the centre of Limerick city. Staff are very courteous and friendly.

Would I return? Absolutely, in a heartbeat for the luxury and comfort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple