The Savoy Hotel
  • Pool
US$115
US$99
1,254 results
All reviewshamptons restaurantmolton brown toiletriesdunnes storesturn down serviceafternoon teathe executive loungesparkling waterfive star hotelcar parkeggs benedictstar servicelimerick citymini barlovely hoteljunior suitesteam roomlocation is excellent
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here Saturday night and were overall very disappointed. I would not consider this a 5 star hotel. I have to say the staff were really good and friendly but a few things let the place down. The room, a junior suite, was only ok. Most of the furniture was chipped and it made the room look shabby and unkept. The bathroom was nice and spacious but again a few things let it down... there was dirt on the spare toilet roll and the shower head looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. We were in room out front and were woken in the middle of the night from shouting on the street below so perhaps ask for a room away from the street if you need to get a good nights rest.
We ate in The Hamptons restaurant which was nice. The steak was delicious and the sides were nice. We also ate in the hotel restaurant for lunch earlier in the day and we would recommend this too.
The executive lounge was nice but again there were issues... we went there for a few snacks on the way to our room Saturday night, around 11pm, and the place was in a right state. There were enpty cans & empty crisp packets all over the place and crisps on the couches. I can understand that these thing happen when the room is unattended but you would expect the room to be checked and cleaned regurlarly.
I placed a call down to reception for a clean facecloth and towel on Sunday morning. When they arrived I was given a large towel and a smaller towel because they were out of facecloths. When the lady left I realised the towels were covered in clumps of dust and the small towel that was meant to be used as a faceclith was actually a bath mat! This is without doubt not acceptable for any hotel!
Breakfast was disappointing. The bacon was grey and looked like it had been cooked for some time and the coffee was cold. We were excited when we saw the breakfast was a menu and not buffet because usually this means it is made to order. Also if you wanted ketchup the waiter brought a gravy boat full of ketchup to the table and spooned out what you wanted on to your plate... I would find this very odd in general not to mind in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BabsB678
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel has everything to make your stay enjoyable. Location central & even the public car park used by the hotel is only across the road. Staff helpful, attentive & friendly. Room spacious & all facilities available. I had a swim in the pool & used the jacuzzi & steam room which was a lovely extra to enjoy. Bar comfortable Breakfast had a wide choice. All in all a brilliant hotel & excellent value if booked in advance. If I return to Limerick there will be no other choice for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed one night and wish we could have stayed longer. Everything was perfect! They upgraded us to a family room and we felt like royalty! The beds were so comfortable and the location is walking distance to the bus and train station (10 minute walk) and lots of restaurants and shops. We stayed here and took a bus to fly out of Shannon airport the next day. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SabreAtlanta
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having stayed in some lovely hotels around Limerick for various rugby matches over the years, I was keen to try out the Savoy having heard great things about the hotel - particularly the breakfast and it did not disappoint.

I had E-mailed ahead to inform them that this stay happened to co-incide with my birthday if there was anything that they could do to make it that bit more special and once again, the hotel did not let me down. When I arrived at reception, I was greeted by the most couteous of staff who informed me that because it was my birthday, they had upgraded me to a Junior Suite room. This was a lovely surprise and the room itself was gorgeous, one of the more spacious hotel rooms I have stayed in. There was a hallway, a large living area with all the usual amenities. There was a large bedroom area witch an extremely large, comfortable bed and the bathroom was just huge, with a great shower.

The location itself is perfect, right in the heart of Limerick city and a 1 minute walk to the River Shannon. There is an abundance of bars a restaurants nearby to the hotel and the staff were more than helpful in recommneding nice places to eat and drink. On one of the evenings, we ate in the hotel restaurant and it lived up to the high standard of the hotel. The food was delicious and there was a great, "hip" vibe to the place.

THEN there was THE BREAKFAST!!! I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I did wonder just how good this rumoured "excellent breakfast" must be... but it REALLY stands out from the rest. It was just brilliant from the setting, to the delicious food - it is not your average buffet breakfast. There is also a selection of newspapers for your choosing.

My only criticism of the hotel is that fact that you have to pay for parking, but this is standard for a lot of city centre hotels so I was expecting it.

Other than that, I cannot fault the hotel - I have stayed there on 2 separate occassions and I will definitely stay there in the future.

Room Tip: The junior suite is well worth upgrading to if space and luxury are what you are after.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HanReynolds105
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a fantastic one night stay. Hotel Receptionists were really helpful, room was spacious, very comfy bed and big bathroom. Read the Paper in the 1st floor with a glass of wine, very chill-axing!!! Breakfast was the best we've ever had and the waiters "Ricardo" wow! Had a swim in the small but perfect pool and used the steam room. Location is ideal for lots of pubs and restaurants near by. And shopping of course. Hotel uses multi story car park across the road and the fee is at a reduced cost. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple