“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Galway
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Savoy Hotel in Limerick is amazing, the only words to describe this hotel. I had my hen weekend in August and all the staff were so nice and friendly. Nothing was too much hassle from reception staff to breakfast staff. Its so central everything is just a few mins walk from the hotel. The rooms are so spacious and bright. I would definitely recommended this hotel to anyone and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Travelled to Limerick for a wedding and stayed at the Savoy for two nights. A really lovely chic hotel in the heart of Limerick city. From the minute we arrived we we treated like kings. The staff couldn't have been more attentive and all we met were so friendly. Our room was lovely nice and roomey and the bed I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed in my life.

The breakfast was amazing all you could eat and more, complementary papers and water a nice touch. Had a fab meal in the Hamptons, the duck was amazing. The manager Rory was so nice and couldn't do enough for us.The only grip I had was the leisure centre, the steam room and sauna were not working which was a pity as I thought I would pamper myself a little after the wedding the previous day.

All and all I would definately recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and I will definately be back. Incidently the last time I was in the Savoy it was a cinema. What a transformation!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Athlone
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Stayed for 1 night on Oct.2.what a luxurgy break.Everything from the check in to the bedroom to the food was A1.The staff are so friendly they made us feel so welcome.The food is what impressed me most,the evening meal was in The Market Square Restaurant and it surpassed any food I have eaten,my last break was in Brookelodge in Wicklow with an award wining organic restaurant but the food in the savoy was way ahead in terms of flavour and presentation.The muesli and porridge for breakfast was to die for.I enjoyed my visit so much I have it booked for Dec, 9 for my husbands birthday and I will return again with my cousin as she was equally impressed.The location is superb if you are into shopping so I am looking forward to doing my Christmas shopping on my next visit.I could go with my praise but all I will say is book it and you wont be dissapointed

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I went here for a work conference recently. I was surprised how good this hotel was. The location is fantastic, bang in the middle of the city. It's ultra modern and very comfortable. Parking is convenient across the road in the multi storey. In the meeting room we were using they had freshly baked homemade scones, a delight considering the factory made ones on offer in many places, proper butter and jam (not out of foil packets!) Tea and coffee were constantly refreshed as were large bottles of mineral water. However our lunch of soup and sandwiches was disappointing, it all looked promising and was a good mix of wraps, crab on brown bread etc. but all lacked flavour. After a few tasteless bites I asked for a cheese & tomato sandwich which arrived with a small bit rubbery grated packet cheese with the saddest, palest, most waterytomato so after one bite i could go no further! That aside, service was great and very friendly. In the evening we ate in the more casual dining restaurant of the hotel, The Hamptons. The menu was long, which is usually not a good sign. There was a large group of us and despite this the service was great, all the food arrived at the same time. I had pate to start which was bland and lacked any flavour but was the main course was a lot better - a perfect fillet steak. Some of my colleagues had ribs to start with and were raving about them. Other main courses also got the serious thumbs up. The only thing wrong with the mains were the chips, obviously out of a bag of the frozen variety, oily and overcooked The staff were v. attentive and tolerant of a big noisy gang and let us stay late.
The residents bar closes at 3 which is fair enough so we missed it.
The rooms are really comfortable, the pillows perfect.
The breakfast the following morning was perfect, hot and freshly prepared and served by very cheerful staff.
Overall this is a great hotel, just the quality of some of their food needs sorting out and it would be a 10/10

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Co.Meath
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Just back last night from a w/end away here with Sisters, we were very impressed with the sex in the city package we got.
Dinner in Hamptons was gorgeous & the spanish waiter was like a comedian & had us all in fits, what a guy!!
In fact all the staff were amazing, very friendly .... only 1 issue which I am reporting about to the GM & that was the night Manager (she looks so out of place, very rough looking & by God she was soooo rude) you will know who I am talking about when you see her.
Never before have I ever come across a hotel worker so nasty, anyway she could have ruined the w/end for us all but she didnt we had a great time.
The pool area is small but I thought it was kinda cute & the thai massage (€60 for 1 hr) was fantastic!!
Some scented candles wudnt go amiss down there though as one of the girls pointed out so maybe put a few around the reception area!!
All in all would definetly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Thank charlieCo.Meath
Ireland
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed at the sayoy last weekend en famille. We were upgrade to a suite. Room was huge, plenty of room for the four of us. Boys loved the pool. Room and bathroom were spotless. Breakfast was the best I have ever had, the poached eggs with hollandaise on a muffin was to die for. The Market square Brasserie onthe ground floor was a revelation, superb food, wellappointed room and great service. Hotel organised a babysitter for the children, she came armed with dvd's and they loved her. The Savoy is ideally located in the middle of the city...great base for shopping!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Galway
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We picked the Savoy in Limerick for a quick get-away while my mother minded our two sons - the first time we had been away for two years without the kids, so it needed to be right.
And it was! Oh my, we would definitely recommend this hotel. Lovely decor and rooms, check. Helpful staff, check. Sense of luxury, check. Great location right near shops, restaurants and bars, check.
We had the most lovely stay and a couple of fantastic nights of sleep. We will be back and have recommended the Savoy in Limerick to family and friends - some of whom have already stayed thanks to our recommendation and had just a lovely time as us. We were sad to leave!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple