“Fantastic Hotel Love it love It Will BeBack”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Mayo, Ireland
“Fantastic Hotel Love it love It Will BeBack”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Fantastic hidden gem in Limerick nothing too much trouble treated like royalty form start to finish. Would have to say best breakrast breakfast everSea Bass on the menu that morning cooked to perfection.
Beautiful luxurious bedding very generous mattress topper.
Will definetly be back hope they keep the graet prices!!

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
dublin, ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2010

On arrival we were impressed by the very spacious and luxurious decor of The Savoy and were doubly delighted to be able to check in on arrival at 11.00am! The room was spacious and very comfortable and couldn’t be faulted. However, I felt it was not quite 5 star but a very good 4 star none the less. The best thing about The Savoy was its location which was right in the heart of Limerick's city centre shopping and close to many restaurants and city attractions. There’s a very nice restaurant next door, The Hamptons and booking ahead seems to be necessary. Breakfast is exceptionally good and the Breakfast staff extremely helpful and professional. A very pleasant and enjoyable stay in this comfortable hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Very good hotel, smooth check in, checkout procedure.
Follow up call from reception to check on suitability of room.
The executive floor rooms are decent size with balconies that look out above the roofline of the city from its central location. Breakfast is superb value with an extremely welcoming restaurant manager to whom nothing was too much trouble.
What he lacked in staff numbers on busy breakfast service he made up for in his cheerful approach. Excellent staff all-round and would definitely stay here again when travelling to this city.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed one night which was wonderful. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and were upgraded to an executive room free of charge. The hotel is in a perfect central location. Complimentary overnight parking in a car park across the street. Excellent staff, rooms, cleanliness, bathrooms, breakfast. We had dinner in the Hamptons restaurant with our two sons. It was wonderful, very good value for money. Planning another visit soon...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Galway
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Savoy Hotel in Limerick is amazing, the only words to describe this hotel. I had my hen weekend in August and all the staff were so nice and friendly. Nothing was too much hassle from reception staff to breakfast staff. Its so central everything is just a few mins walk from the hotel. The rooms are so spacious and bright. I would definitely recommended this hotel to anyone and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Travelled to Limerick for a wedding and stayed at the Savoy for two nights. A really lovely chic hotel in the heart of Limerick city. From the minute we arrived we we treated like kings. The staff couldn't have been more attentive and all we met were so friendly. Our room was lovely nice and roomey and the bed I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed in my life.

The breakfast was amazing all you could eat and more, complementary papers and water a nice touch. Had a fab meal in the Hamptons, the duck was amazing. The manager Rory was so nice and couldn't do enough for us.The only grip I had was the leisure centre, the steam room and sauna were not working which was a pity as I thought I would pamper myself a little after the wedding the previous day.

All and all I would definately recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and I will definately be back. Incidently the last time I was in the Savoy it was a cinema. What a transformation!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Athlone
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Stayed for 1 night on Oct.2.what a luxurgy break.Everything from the check in to the bedroom to the food was A1.The staff are so friendly they made us feel so welcome.The food is what impressed me most,the evening meal was in The Market Square Restaurant and it surpassed any food I have eaten,my last break was in Brookelodge in Wicklow with an award wining organic restaurant but the food in the savoy was way ahead in terms of flavour and presentation.The muesli and porridge for breakfast was to die for.I enjoyed my visit so much I have it booked for Dec, 9 for my husbands birthday and I will return again with my cousin as she was equally impressed.The location is superb if you are into shopping so I am looking forward to doing my Christmas shopping on my next visit.I could go with my praise but all I will say is book it and you wont be dissapointed

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends