“Tasty food but expensive”
Review of Jasmine Palace

Jasmine Palace
Ranked #39 of 325 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice food but a little on the expensive side. Also feel that you are no sooner sitting down than the staff are waiting for you to finish in order to accommodate the next sitting. Worth a visit, right in the city centre.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

On my last visit to the Jasmine Palace we booked for the Sunday buffet, it was very busy but en like some buffets the" good stuff"did nt run out & when it did they replaced it straight away .Two top tips go there hungry there's plenty for you & try the spare ribs

1  Thank eamonLimerick
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had the early bird here. €17.50 for two courses and tea or coffee. Very tasy food, well cooked, a bit more spice and flavour than you normally get in Chinese food in Ireland, which is delicious. Big portions, don't fill up on the prawn crackers before hand!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

As i've pointed before, Chinese Restuarants offering Gluten Free food can be hard come by, so when I see one, I'm always anxious to check it out. I remembered the Jasmine from college days, and the food being good, but when I saw it catered for coeliacs, I had to organise a return trip. Three of us headed out, with one eye on the clock 'cos Nile Rodgers was playing later on. All three of us left absolutely satisfied with the food and service. Friendly, knowledgeable, attentive and polite. Decent wine list, and the food was absolutely delicious and wouldn't break the bank.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have eaten at the Sunday buffet in this restaurant numerous times in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed my visit I did notice the quality going down hill a bit in the last year or so I wouldn't visit here too often but today was my worst experience there ever my family and I decided to go in for the early bird. First the guy at the register was a bit rude to us my son is two years old he ran in looking out the window the guy acted like he broke the window we felt like walking out there and then but sat down. We ordered mixed platter for starters it was nice & chicken rolls for my son the chicken smelled off in the rolls I told the waiter who took them away and??? Nothing it wasn't mentioned again.. My partner ordered ginger chicken which had whole cloves of garlic in about eight of them he bit into one & almost vomited maybe this should be mentioned on the description for this dish or crush the garlic. My house special curry was only ok the quality of the meat wasn't at all good for the price you are paying. On our departure I approached the register to pay and expected to be questioned on my dining experience the guy passed me my receipt on which I mentioned my grievances the chicken, the garlic, meat quality etc and he just laughed it off continued to take the €44 bill from me and that was that. I know a lot of places are gone down hill now days but I always thought the Jasmine Palace had a bit of decorum about it obviously they cant be bothered to upkeep the quality of the past which is an awful pity as it was a destination me and my extended family would have frequented over the years not anymore..

4  Thank Michelle L