“wow.”

Freddy's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 298 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$24 - US$31
Cuisines: Irish, European, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Freddy's Bistro is in the Bridgestone Top 100 Restaurants, in Ireland. All our foods are sourced locally and cooked fresh. We cater for any special diet, including wheat free sauces and desserts.
Limerick, Ireland
“wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

What an experience! Freddy's was amazing! I went here last night on a date with my boyfriend and it really shows how accurate the other reviews are! Service was amazing, the food was to die for and all in all, a very pleasant experience! We were the first couple in, at half 5 on the dot, and even after a half an hour, the place began filling up! Definitely reserve a table! So worth it! My boyfriend admitted at the end it was one of the best meals he's ever had!

I had the Buffalo Chicken Wings for starter and my boyfriend had the Crab, apple and beetroot dish! My chicken wings were lovely, but I think I've found the best to be had, anywhere, in Calzone's Cafe in Dublin, so I think that was a hard one to beat, but they were still great. My boyfriend ADORED his, I'm not crazy about crab, but he loved it! We decided on Steak Medallions and Jerk Chicken for Main Course, which were both amazing, the steak especially! And the pineapple salsa with the chicken was amazingly tasty too! We kinda halved each of our dishes and shared them, I must admit, I preferred the steak with garlic butter, it was to die for! They gave me roasted vegetables on the side instead of the rice as a special request and they were also very delicious. For dessert it was tea, Cappuccino, Sticky Toffee and Belgian Chocolate and Orange Puddings. I loved the Chocolate Orange one, it wasn't incredibly sweet like the Sticky Toffee (which was also amazing!), it was just the perfect ending to the meal. Freddy's was SUCH an amazing experience, I'm counting down the days to the next special occasion! The only thing about the menu that's disappointing is the supplements, but if you share meals like we did (instead of everyone getting the same thing with big supplements), you can really enjoy a wonderful evening for a smaller price! Honestly, I'd probably pay more for the evening we had! :) Oh and there's a whole separate Coeliac menu, which was very impressive! Enjoy everyone!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cala1010

• Turkish first
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, lovely service, great buzz in this friendly, well run restaurant. I ordered the mussels for starter and the lamb burger for mains. Well presented and tasted gorgeous. When we were leaving they recommended a bar for drinks, the copper room also worth a visit. Would definitely return to Freddy's and would recommend it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Valerie R
Limerick, Ireland
“Great food and fab atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Amazing food excellent choice on the menu looking forward already to a return visit. The food was so nice I would highly recommend this cosy restaurant. Staff were most welcoming and if you've a sweet tooth I would suggest trying the pancake it's delicious......

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ValerieFashionBlog
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Fabulous Freddy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to Freddy's on our last night in Ireland and could not have asked for a better meal. It's in a gorgeous building, the staff was knowledgable and friendly, and Liz, the owner was one of the kindest people we met in Ireland. My husband had the duck confit appetizer and pork belly entree and both were made to perfection. My parents and I all had the steak. As someone who has eaten at many of the big, "famous", NYC steakhouses I can honestly say that Freddy's filet was the best I have ever had. It was perfect. If you're in Limerick Freddy's can't be missed!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lauren K
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is as good now as it was then”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Last time I was in Freddy's Bistro was about 15 years ago and I always remember tables full, great food and nice atmosphere. I was invited again when visiting Ireland and reluctantly I went along. But I was truly surprised at how lovely it was. Food as good as ever. Same staff. Same excellence of service. I really loved it and look forward to going back again some time.

Visited January 2014