“Very Poor Quality -- Food Will NOT Go There Again”
Review of Texas Steakout

Texas Steakout
Ranked #24 of 326 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My wife and I had lunch there recently - To be honest the food was atrocious. The choice we made for lunch was Turkey & Ham. The Turkey was what you could describe as "Flat-Pack" Turkey, similar to the Turkey from a supermarket, you know, the 6 slice pack. The Ham was the same, another "Flat Pack" product. The gravy which was with it was the "Instant Gravy Mix" type, it was disgusting, and the stuffing was like instant mash or at worst “potato puree” was cool, as in not hot.

The interior of the restaurant has been done up (ok-ish) and right overhead the table we were shown to was a speaker pumping out idiot noise. At lease have American Country & Western music to suit the theme of the restaurant. I asked for a quieter table but this seemed to throw them into a tizzy of confusion. We were then shown to a table which was still wet after being wiped down with a greasy old cloth.

No, not a nice place anymore. We used to dine there on occasions with my wife’s mum and dad, but, these past months the Texas Steakout has gone downhill with the quality of its food. Nope, we will not dine there again.

1  Thank GerCo_Clare
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Having not eaten in the Texas Steakout for many years I was looking forward to the experience as it always had a great name for dining.The interior had totally been changed,a little dark I thought..I ordered mushroom soup which came served with white and brown bread.The soup was warm ,not hot. My friend and I ordered the fish pie which had salmon and haddock as the main ingredients.It too was served warm .Both of us asked for it to be reheated.when it came back,a side serving of salad had been included.There was no haddock in the fish pie..The potatoes and carrots were very nice although the portions were small
Overall we were not impressed,and I have eaten far superior food in a lot more inexpensive restaurants..

1  Thank karlek
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We had dinner here last friday night before heading off to the Rugby Match at Thomond Park.
We were delighted to see the refurb, check out the door handles, they're mad!
Anyway, we were greeted by a tall man who was nice and promptly shown to our table and given our menus.
The food was great as was the service, there was actually a nice relaxed atmosphere and we really enjoyed our meal.
We treated ourselves to a pitcher of Daiquiris....they are moorish!
I would recommend to friends and family for a lovely meal and a great start to a great night out!

Reviewed 21 February 2011

on a flying visit to limerick to see my daughter and son in law,just had a beautiful meal here,would struggle to find fault great food served fresh and steaming hot,staff courteous and friendly but not in your face

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Nothing shone about this restaurant, which on the face of it looked very reasonable.

The biggest disappointment was the frankly shocking welcome we received to the restaurant. Having made a reservation over the phone (given it was a Friday, we thought it was best to), they had no record. The attitude was almost one of 'tough s**t', but mistakes happen, so we tried to gloss over it. However, we then had to sit and watch other people who had come in after us, also without reservation and also needing a table for two, get seated first. My girlfriend had to basically remind the gentleman (Darren? Aaron?) in charge of sitting down customers that we existed before he tended to us.

The only saving grace for this place was the much better service provided by our waitress. But given that this man was front of house, and the first point of contact for diners, his demeanour and attitude was appalling. And from what we observed, he was not particularly friendly or welcoming to other diners we saw with him with.

The atmosphere was pleasant, and food was nothing extraordinary. That said, the portion sizes were plenty enough, and for 25 euros each for four courses, the value was ok. Perhaps our biggest mistake was reading a comment posted on their website that their Mexican food was 'the likes of which you would have to travel to South America to get anything better!!'

While we didn't take this literally, we both chose Mexican dishes which were again not terrible, but nothing special. On a positive note, the variety of main dishes available on the set menu surpassed any other similar deal I think I've ever seen.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to tell people not to visit this restaurant, but for the same price, there are much better places to visit in Limerick.

1  Thank cdturrell