“Terrible food and not pleasant staff attitude”
Review of Texas Steakout

Texas Steakout
Ranked #13 of 317 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Me and my partner went for a dinner on my birthday on 8th December 2013. I was so excited about the place coz my friend told us that the food here is nice. So we order a set xmas menu worth €35per head. My partner ordered medium steak and I ordered medium t-bone steak (BUT WHEN IT CAME TO OUR TABLE THE STEAKS WERE WELDONE INSTEAD OF MEDIUM!) We weren't happy coz the steaks were overcooked and it was very tough, but we didn't complain because we're hungry and just wanted to eat and celebrate. After our main course we ordered desserts, she had profiteroles which was fine and I ordered BANOFI PIE, and it turns out to be GONE OFF!!! , /HORRIBLE TASTE!!! So I told the staff that the banofi pie was horrible and taste gone off and for your own sake dont serve it again, but the attitude of 1 of the lady staff was very sarcastic and not nice and instead of apologising to a customer she did ask me in a sarcastic way, DO YOU MAKE A NICE BANOFI PIE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU SAID OUR BANOFI PIE IS NOT NICE??? WHAT KIND OF STAFF ARE U? U SHOULD TREAT UR Customer GOOD! !! In my whole life, i never get SICK/VOMIT TO ANY FOOD BUT I WAS VOMITING WHEN I CAME BACK TO THE HOTEL. I AM NOT COMING BACK TO THIS PLACE AGAIN OR EVEN RECOMEND IT TO ANYBODY!... Ian P.

3  Thank ianlpolinar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Cannot recommend this restaurant enough. The menu is big catering for all peoples tastes. I ordered a steak rare and it came out perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and the décor is fun. Great value for money. Definitely a place I'd like to go to again to try out a few other options on the menu.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I had a very good steak and fairly good glass of red. The atmosphere was quite loud but I guess this is down to the Christmas parties happening at the moment. Everything else seemed ok

1  Thank Copta_Doctor
Reviewed 13 December 2013

For the price you pay it is not worth it. Staff are very nice food is not. The chef should be Ashamed to serve food as poor and for the place to boast about it as much as it does. Wont visit there again. Much nicer places in limerick for example The george hotel for a meal and drinks or Mortells for lunch or an early dinner with excellent food !!

1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 10 December 2013

In my opinion this is the nicest food in limerick,
Can be expensive but really worth it for the steak
mmmmmmmmmmm....