“Hight standard food, Lovely atmosphere”
Review of The Forge Gallery Restaurant - CLOSED

The Forge Gallery Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Navan, Ireland
“Hight standard food, Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Took mom and dad to the Forge, and I'm not disappointed.. The place look very welcoming from the minutes you walk from the parking lot to the reception area on the first-floor. Wine list is very comprehensive and well stocks, Staffs were friendly. And big surprise when it come to food, Dad love his beef and Dublin bay prawn starter, Mom and me have a Goat cheese starter as a healthy and tasty choice, When it come to main we opt for Monk fish which is beautifully cooked..., to matched my mom words " it's cooked to perfections!..." We really do enjoy it. When it come to dessert, the chocolate is so delectable! My mom panna-cotta got a very nice texture and taste beautiful and I should not forgot to mention my dad all time favorite... apple crumble... it make him really happy. One of the best family night out so far!

3 Thank Claire Jane R

Swords, Ireland
“Culinary Gems, Tucked away on the N2!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Heard about this restaurant since I was young Kid, My parent and their friends used to go there quite a lot.

A friend mentioned that the restaurant was still open with a new young team, So on my trip to visit the lads in Drogheda I decided to give them a try.

It is very easy to spot the restaurant when driving on the N2... it is just next to the big imposing Church in the heart of Collon village, Easily recognizable by the pots plants out-side the front, They have theirs own parking-lot which is quite clearly located at the back.

From the parking lot we walk through a sizeable terrace surrounded by a greenery.. It is quite a cosy atmosphere, With the upstairs reception area, Lined with interesting artwork by Irish Artists.We had couple of drinks while perusing the menu,This takes time since the wine list is quite comprehensive and it was so comfortable sitting around.

When the food was ready we were escorted to our table by the maître d. I decided to have Goat cheese for Starter, The dish is very well presented, Modern yet sophisticated. The flow of taste make my taste-buds jumped with joy.

For main course I choose fish, to my surprise the dish impressed me big time! The Hake was cooked to perfection, and the sauce was a veritable delight. The whole night-out flowed so smoothly that until I look at my watch, and it tell the time of 11.45.

While I drove out.. I hummm Arnold Schwarzenegger,Famous terminator Phrase.... I WILL B BACK!!

For such a culinary gems tucked away on the N2 (Collon Village). I gave them two thumb up!

6 Thank liamkell
Dublin, Ireland
“It's the Chicken Mate!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I like the way the chicken was cooked. its taste really good. Goat cheese salad was yummy as well nicely presented, And the most important thing is ..... it goes realy well with the complementary wine... Gimme more goat cheese mate!!

3 Thank Sean M
Monaghan, Ireland
“Mouth Watering Cuisine”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

An Experience for the senses.

The Forge Gallery was the destination for a reunion of sorts with a few friends, little did I know how overwhelming the service and dining would be. The restaurant as the name suggests is a Gallery, with dining area on the ground floor and gallery bar upstairs. An extremely comfortable upstairs seating area with large homely sofa's allow you to relax with a drink or two whilst you read through the menu at your leisure or in my case catch up with friends and take in the beautiful atmosphere.

When we eventually dragged ourselves from the comfort of upstairs we were guided to our central table by our friendly waitress. The menu was surprising, I usually see one thing that stands out however I couldn't decide as the range of starters and indeed mains had got me, in the end i went with the fresh local muscles to start and juicy lamb cutlets as the main. The muscles were amazing, the head Chef greeted our table after our starters and as I suspected the muscles were not but a day out of the water. They were glorious. Cooked in a rich wine medley of flavours there wasn't enough table bread to mop up what was left on my plate. This sealed my hopes for my main, the Lamb cutlets were fantastic, cooked to perfection and mouth watering, the potato dauphinoise was a perfect compliment to the dish. Overall i was in heaven until desert. It was a type of chocolate pudding recommended by the Chef but under advice to drink with the port that was with it, my god the explosions of flavours in my mouth was out of this world. It was surreal how well these two simple things went together.

Based upon the expertise of the head Chef and attention to detail of the waiting staff I will definitely be returning. Its fantastic to have such great cuisine available in the heart of the Irish countryside.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank John C
Drogheda, Ireland
“Wonderful Flavours beautifully presented just a delight from starter to dessert..”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

There were five of us family and friends and we tasted a variety of the wonderful delights on offer from the heavenly mussels, and wonderful goats cheese starters, all of us wanting what was on each other's plates with mains like pork, lamb, hake duck and chicken each with their own wonderful aroma and accompaniments.
The Service was impeccable and every attention paid to our table without interfering with our conversation.
A fine new chef and great team, well worth the visit, they are putting their heart and soul into this business... We will definitely be back again very soon.. Well done all I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited April 2014