“Average food and good value - not for me I'm afraid”
Review of Eastern Seaboard

Eastern Seaboard
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Drogheda
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

After more hype from friends I visited here again for the 4th time after three very average experiences. I guess I am just unlucky.

Booked for 8 for Christmas. We were asked for table back in 2 hours which we accepted at point of booking.

It took 20 minutes to take order and then another 25 to arrive. I have to say the price has gone up here but the food quality has not.

Man courses arrived and we're ok but steak wasn't cooked to order and monkfish was soggy.

We had ten minutes to rush out desert as we were reminded at every stage they needed the table back. (the service was the delay not us)

I just cannot understand how this restaurant is so popular. I can only assume it's a local dining thing or its because it's cheap. But it's not the same price value as it used to be.

Book and proceed if you value atmosphere and price as this is the only reason to visit here. Imo.

7  Thank Careypa

Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

as part of a large party in December we expected a fun Christmas atmosphere for some reason this was lacking it could have been a Tuesday in june rather than the last Saturday before Xmas .
we were constantly reminded that we needed to the table back within two hours. we are all regulars and after being firstly on the phone then when we arrived then when starters and then mains finally when the plate were cleared we were finally told"I'm sooooooo sorry but we need the table back" . we were well aware of the timing and this really seemed their only priority.
the food was tasty but a little disappointing.
monk fish special was almost three fishfingers soggy and full of grease.
never got a chance to try the dessert as there was no where to finish our meal.
there is massive hype around this resturent but I feel that eventually all the new customers will be no longer and what a good business depends on (return custom) will be lost.

6  Thank davd27
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I decided to return here as the first visit with friends had been a good experience.
Lunch today was great and pretty good value. Fab chicken wings ....possibly the best! We shared them as a starter. I had crayfish and crab salad and my wife had a noodle salad, both of which vey tasty. Washed it down with hose Sauvignon blanc. Total was euro50 ...very good value

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Was here a couple of weeks ago for work night out. Had a lovely night, great atmosphere, fabulous food, everyone at my table enjoyed their choices. We were there on a Tuesday night and I was surprised how busy it was. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have been to this restaurant a few times now and the experience, the atmosphere, the service, and the food are fantastic. The variety is endless whether it is the food or the drink. They have a wide variety of beers from micro breweries (especially Irish) to the normal run of the mill... The nightly food specials are also worth a look. My favorite is the pail of shrimp to start followed by a fillet steak done perfectly, and the raspberry mess for dessert is to die for. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone...