“Hands down one of the best meals of my trip!”

Triple House Restuarant
Ranked #21 of 115 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This little gem of a restaurant was recommended to me by the proprietor of the hotel I stayed at on October 4, 2013 (The Waterside). It was a short walk away which allowed me to really enjoy a couple of glasses of their very good house wine. Dinner was one of the very best I had during my 16 day tour of Ireland. And I had many others that not only cost much more but included Michelin star chefs.

The salmon melted in my mouth, the protions were very generous and the meringue dessert was worthy of a trip on its own. Good service just added to waht really became my yardstick for a really good meal. My recollection is that the fixed price menu (3 course) was under 20 euro, so a pretty amazing bargain to boot!

1  Thank karkel12
There are newer reviews for Triple House Restuarant

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a wonderful meal. Service was excellent as was the food. Quaint location and lovely atmosphere. The staff were very attentive and we were given adequate time between courses.

Great value and wonderful portions per person. You can tell this chef has a real passion for food and how he cooks it, I loved the fillet steak served with the garlic pan fried potatoes, simply the best I have ever tasted. The dessert of the night was also amazing, an amaretti infused meringue filled with fruit, cream and chocolate shavings served with rum ice cream on the side.

I cant wait to return and sample some of the other food goodies on the menu which cater for most people.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I will be honest and state that I have been coming here for over ten years, which in itself is an indication of ten years of satisfaction.
My wife and myself, plus our friends dine here regularly and I certainly have never had a bad experience.
The culinary skills of Pat are a delight and each course is excellently prepared -we sign off each meal with his dacqouise, which Is perfection itself.
Cost wise, his four course midweek menu and five course weekend fare are almost impossible to match in terms of value and I I would suggest, be hard to beat anywhere!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We ate at the Triple House on a Friday night. It was very busy and a good atmosphere. The menu is great value for money and with house wines at 13.25 its difficult to fault. All the dishes are well prepared and well presented. Pat's consistency is what stands out. Our teenage son and 9yr old daughter also love the food. The service is excellent. You a guaranteed a good dining experience. Its an unpretentious spot and a gem.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Booked a table at the Triple House Restaurant. it was convenient to where we were staying.
the food and the hospitality and very good. i will return again some day. service was excellent.