“Friendly staff”

Ranked #1 of 14 Drogheda B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this b&b with 4 other friends, plus cats, and we were welcome with open arms. Te fact that we had animals with us did not daunt the staff and we felt reassured that this was a pet friendly hotel.

Breakfast was a traditional Irish b&b affair, a choice of cereals, toast, tea, coffee and a cooked breakfast. There is no negative comment to make over the food.

The main house is beautiful and when we arrived we felt it was more reminiscent of a hotel! Unfortunately we were in the 3rd house, and quality visually demonises as you move along the row. Our house was slightly neglected looking but it was clean (except for an old toothbrush left behind and some ironing burns on the carpet) and suited our purpose. There was a kitchen downstairs with a fridge which was handy for a to store raw meat for our cats.

The wifi was good and easy to access from each house.

Parking was an issue on the Saturday night due to the number of guests.

I would stay again though I would be hoping to be upgraded to the main house!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a confirmed booking with this lodge, corresponded on several occasions. When we arrived they had no booking and shuffled us in a hurry to another B&B. I asked them if it was of the same standard and were sent to a very poor quality B&B. When I went back they had a sign on the door which said full and did not answer the door. Poor service and shocking treatment. Would not recommend this to anyone who wants to be sure they have accommodation as confirmed. Due to the shortage of rooms in the area, they left us with no options.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan M
WindsorLodge, Owner at Windsor Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We thank Susan for taking the time to write this review -- and she's absolutely correct in the observations that she offers. We absolutely blew this booking and sent her and her party to another B&B that simply does not meet up to our standards. The staff member on duty last Saturday evening absolutely assured us that she had all the web bookings in hand -- but as we have discovered, she did not. We are taking immediate steps to improve the oversight of our web-based bookings in order that this does not happen again. Should Susan and party come back to Ireland and to Windsor Lodge, we have offered free accommodations and dinner on us. We apologize again to Susan and her party -- this simply should not have happened.
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hi I booked this B&B through booking.com for a family room and I was surprised to get the chalet it is a 2 bedroomed place with a kitchenette in hallway and a bathroom with shower unit. It is basically a 4 unit roomed place with fantastic lighting, rooftop windows, wide screen tv in both rooms. Your kids which I had 3 there could make as much noise as they can and you were not disturbing anyone plus it was on the ground floor I had a pram only my 17 month could walk. It cost 90 euro and you get breakfast for all the family.....we enjoyed watching tv after our trip to redmountainfarm in Donore which is very near Newgrange just get off at Exit 9 on M1.

Room Tip: look at their website or check tripadvisor its the best place really
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband and young family in the family room. 2 singles and one double. Very comfy beds and not a sound was heard all night! Slept peacefully and every morning was welcomed by the lovely Olive and her staff. Great choice of cooked breakfast plus friuit, yoghurts and cereals. Have stayed here before as so close to relatives house and hope to book again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I came to Ireland to work 8 weeks ago. I found the windsor lodge after 2 weeks. Olive and John met me on arrival. There was a lovely atmosphere surrounding the windsor lodge due to the efforts of Olive and John, I cant speak highly enough of them. They put me and a friend in a lovely log cabin at the side of the b&b with our own cooking facilities, excellent broadband and a variety of tv channels. Olive has often washed our clothing at no extra cost. This b&b seemed to go the extra mile for me and my friend and i will definately be returning. I would recommend this b&b to anybody looking to stay in the Drogheda area. Thank you Olive and John for a very enjoyable stay making a very difficult job a whole lot easier.
Kindest regards
shaun

Room Tip: I recommend the log cabin extremely quiet and good amenities.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Was more like a very good hotel experience than a b&b,room was lovely and very clean ,stayed here for 4 nights and staff were very helpful and even pressed my shirts for me, couldn't fault the breakfast at all,was ideal as I was workin in the Hospidal which was less than 1 min drive away so walked over after the first day .will defiantly be staying here when I'm back again,couldn't rate it higher

• Stayed March 2014
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A nice place to stay, hosts are very welcoming. Kinda near the Dublin airport, kinda near Newgrange. Hosts were very helpful on directions in the area. It is a little far from Drogheda and the town has seen better days.

Room Tip: They have rooms in separate buildings if you are after quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
Scholars Townhouse Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,403 reviews
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Windsor Lodge? Share your experiences!