“Try the Rum and Coke Chicken licken wings!”
Review of Black Bull

Black Bull
Ranked #11 of 112 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Try the Rum and Coke Chicken licken wings!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Brought my wife here and my son for our first wedding anniversary.I was there a few years ago and wanted to go back as food was good.We where not disappointed,our starter arrived quickly which where rum and coke chicken wings,they where sticky but worth the mess and she had the tiger prawns which where nice and large.My steak was a minute steak but was quiet big.Big thumbs up,would go back again anytime. :-)

• Visited September 2013

Boston
“Fun pub, decent food”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Fun pub, good atmosphere, nice decor with plenty of seating options. You can't eat in the bar area though and have to head to restaurant area. Tasty food with a large selection. No complaints!

Visited September 2013
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Last minute and well worth a visit”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our group of 7 dropped in here on a Wednesday evening at about 8pm. There was a great atmosphere and the decor was really lovely.
The restaurant was very busy but within a few minutes they had managed to find us a table together.
We all had lovely meals and the service was excellent.
I would definately return here again.

• Visited August 2013
“So nice, we ate there twice”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The owner of the B&B (Killowen) we stayed at in Drogheda recommended Black Bull and it was great! Tasty appetizers (like the wings), just right fish and chips and the kids finished every bite of their meals (chicken goujons), which rarely happens. Our waitress was really friendly and the dining area was cosy. We liked it so much, we came back for dinner twice!

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Need to get BlackBull no1 again”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Regular patron to this establishment over the years rarely have problems.I went the other day for business meeting over lunch and it started as follows: Young waitress's seem to think nowadays to go thru the motions of -false smile please sit here no eye contact etc etc She takes our order for soft drinks and vanishes for over 10 mins I duly go to service area and question were our server and drinks have gone can we please order also. Another waitress appeared and drinks were placed some 15 mins after sitting(not good enough) we ordered lite bites and continued on with meeting a further 15 mins passed and I ended up going to see we're our food was.This is getting to be a trend in Ireland I noticed as a foodie and eat out lots guy I find the service has started to go down hill some what.i love the black bull this will not deter me in any way I'm sure it's a one off.I spoke with James the head chef who apologised over the phone to me which I thought was so nice for him to do.Anyway the short of it is No more folks you have rights in relation to your food experiences.If your not happy send it back if your service is bad say it here so they know and if their professional about it they will endeavour to rectify the problem to the best of their ability.

Visited August 2013