“Great steak and scampi”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Wincanton, United Kingdom
“Great steak and scampi”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have been coming to this fine pub and restaurant for over 30 years. It is a family run establishment. The steak and scampi are consistently outstanding. Service can be a bit and miss but the food far out weighs this. Well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013

“Poor”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived in approx 5.15 pm Sat down in full view of 4 staff. Opened up lap top and started to answer emails. 15 minutes no staff came over to me. Two ladies came in and sat directly across from me, they order food and were served food, now 35 minutes without any staff member asking me anything. Approached the bar and asked for the menu. Returned to my seat and was followed by a member of staff were I ordered a chicken kiev, main course and choice of potatoes along with a coke.
Chicken Kiev was accompanied on the plate by four various leaves of lettuce. On a side dish 3 boiled potatoes were served on a cold steel dish. Total € 18.95, poor service and over charged for a poor meal.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Daran S
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Still Good”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We called last night on our way back from the rugby in Dublin and were delighted to find that although we had not been there for almost ten years that the steaks and scampi were still as good as ever. The service was good natured and the atmosphere terrific. A good experience all round.

Visited November 2013
Le Bouyssou
“Amazing Steak, wonderful scampi”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Firstly, let me tell you that I have been a regular here for nearly 50 years, so we have our favourite stools at the bar, and our favourite corners for eating, but I went there recently while on holiday in Ireland (I now live in France), and I am also recently gluten allergic, and I was expecting having to choose the usual food (even the usual food is great) such as smoked salmon on its own, and a simple steak and salad, but no...when our wonderful waitress Tara learned that I had a problem with food, the chef arrived out, and asked what I would like to eat? Well, I nearly fell off the stool, and I said I would love some scampi, but the batter is made with flour, and he said, no probs, I could try cornflour, so off he went, and out came this beautifully presented side plate with scampi, wedge of lemon, and a bit of dressed side salad, for us to try. What can I say, it was wonderful and delicious. So I ate about a thousand scampi that night (ok, thats a slight exaggeration), and was very, very happy. I love this place, it has a wonderfully relaxed aura, and the food is soo consistant and the absolute best quality of everything. We had a few very nice wines that night too, the wine list is very well explained.
Totally recommended.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank foursou
Dublin
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My friend had told me he had the best steak of his life here. I was so excited to eat here and was left do disappointed. It wasn't cooked as I asked and it was really average. Not even worth talking about and quite over priced.