“Lunch menu”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin
“Lunch menu”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We called in on Thursday afternoon for a bite to eat. The lunch menu was on, and at 3 courses for under €10 you can't really go wrong. We had hummous and chicken wings as starters, Dijaj Mansaaf and Burger & chips as mains, and Banoffi and Lemon Cheesecake for dessert - and yes still under a tenner per head for all that. The food was great - especially the Lebanese dishes. The Dijaj Mansaaf is a spicy Chicken dish, with coriander and rice that seems to be flavoured with cinnamon - a delicious, warming dish, especially in the cold weather. The hummous was homemade, great texture and flavour, but the Dijaj Mansaaf is not to be missed. The service was perfect, just the right amount of attention, and the chef stopped along at the end to see how everything was. The only thing this place was lacking was more customers - this is a mystery, as further up the street there's a better-known local establishment offering 3 courses for twice the amount - but Aisha's food was far better. People might be put off from what seems like a small seating area through the window, but there's more seating upstairs which is lovely and cosy, with views out over the river (ok not the Danube, but you get the idea). Very like places you get to on holiday with set menus - Paris is dotted with lots of these - just didn't expect to find much the same in Drogheda.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Linda K

Drogheda
“Aisha”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went to Aisha Sunday evening food was great the waitress was very friendly and very helpful the chef who also is the owner is extremely nice, great value would highly recommended the restaurant

• Visited November 2013
Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
“A111111111111111”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Called in for lunch off the street without knowing the place and got an excellent feed for myself and my wife and two boys everything was cooked from fresh. Great staff looked after us well, Chef-owner came out to check on everyone too see how food was. i will be calling back to this Bistro again for sure. A++++++++++++++++++

Drogheda, Ireland
“Fantastic food with great character!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Top notch Lebanese food, go for the traditional food! the chef is a gent! he is always delighted to see people coming back and I am convinced he is trying to fatten me up! :D all I can say is "bring it on!" just go and enjoy guys! :)

Dublin, Ireland
“A great find - thanks Tripadvisor!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was looking for somewhere in Drogheda in order to treat some work colleagues to lunch. As Aisha's rated highly on Tripadvisor I decided to try it. Two of our group are foodies and they were both as impressed by the food as I was. We all tried the Lebanese specialities. These are beautifully cooked and the spicing is perfectly judged. The menu also features European dishes and has a broad range of options to suit all palates. We were amazed at the value - a really tasty 3 course lunch for 9.95!

I have been back with my husband for a weekend lunch, with a friend for dinner and a chat and with a group of friends to celebrate a big birthday. On that last occasion we brought our own champage, ate really well and my friends were amazed that the bill came to only 20 euro per person. Two of the party shared the Mezze which was a selection of several Lebanese starters followed by a main course dish each. They were delighted with the opportunity to sample so many dishes. Great value at 38 euro between 2. I plan to bring a large group of colleagues in a few weeks time. I just keep going back because the food is delicious and fresh, the service is really friendly and the value is phenomenal. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank Driad