“First Class Food and excellent service”
Review of Tower Restaurant - CLOSED

Tower Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is I first time visiting to the tower since it changed owners a year to two ago and it certainly will not be our last.Food is excellent I had steak which was one of the best I had in a long time,and my wife had salmon both were very well prepared from good quality food and presented well. Service and staff were very good and attentive. We were sitting in the conservatory on a Saturday night and yet we did not feel rushed to give back the table. Even if we had to there is a nice quite wine bar downstairs ideal for finishing your drink before leaving. The restaurant was about 95% full with the quality of the food, location and service it should be 100% full. It deserves to do well. We intend to be a regular visitor.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Three of us dined at the Tower Restaurant , Millmount, Drogheda on Saturday last, What a wonderful location with stunning views! Chef Mark and his team made this a very pleasant and welcoming experience.Starters of Goat cheese and carpaccio of beetroot followed by one of the best seafood linguini I've had anywhere made this a memorable meal. Value too at €21 for 2 courses and €25 for 3 courses. Desserts , all made on site, apart from Burkes fantastic ice cream finished off a great dining experience. The Tower shows that good produce sourced locally combined with a very professional chef makes Drogheda a destination of choice for lovers of fine food.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had a lovely evening here on Friday night. We arrived at 9 o'clock without a reservation but the staff accommodated us with a table in the conservatory overlooking Drogheda town. There was a pleasant variety to the menu that was offered to us, it had something to please everyone (I personally would recommend the steak), fish and meat options were well covered while the vegetarian option looked delicious as well. The staff were very friendly (thank you to Janet for her hospitality) and this added to the atmosphere in the restaurant. I am already planning my next visit back. Overall very satisfied with my experience in Millmount and I have recommended it to several friends.

1  Thank EJoeB
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant on Friday evening. When we arrived we had to go looking for someone to greet us, which to be fair we arrived early. The restaurant is clean and the staff are extremely friendly. No complaints on the place itself, location is fantastic. My complaint is the menu itself, it's very meat based and not a huge selection. The food itself was great clean plates and wasn't too expensive. Over all pretty good.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Why so poor?
Unpleasant smell downstairs when entering,
Very blasé service- waited a while for our presence to be acknowledged (there were 4 of us) and then told to sit where we wanted (we had a reservation).
Hot and stuffy veranda with bluebottles for company- had to ask for the a/c to be powered on.
No brunch menu on a Sunday @ 1pm on Father’s Day! Grubby menus printed on A4 had no prices on them, limited selection, no drinks menu or drinks offered!
Food- very bland ½ roast lemon chicken – very greasy, with no lemon flavour and served with a dry cob of sweetcorn and dreary coleslaw. On serving the fish goujons from the kids menu the waitress (unprompted) mentioned she thought the portion was measly and would raise this issue with the owners/chef, so why serve this to us? She then came back with a more goujons which were undercooked!
Very poor offering considering its great location- couldn’t wait to get out of the place!

4  Thank Trouserpressers