Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
US$121
US$146
US$135
Hotwire.com
Conyngham Arms Hotel(Slane)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$115
US$394
US$187
US$182
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsboyne valleyterrace barsteam roomleisure facilitiestennis courtslovely groundsthe ground floorlovely hotelgreat weekendstaff were excellentfood was lovelyfull irish breakfastfrom start to finishtown centredamienweddingbarman
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel has to be one of the best family hotels I have ever stayed in. We stayed for two nights over the weekend and from start to finish it was absolutely brilliant. My children just did not want to leave. They had a ball. They loved the swimming pool and tennis courts but most of all they can’t stop talking about the hunt for Larry the leprechaun which took place on Patricks Day. I can’t get over how the staff kept the place so clean and managed to serve everybody when the place was soo busy. There were no tables or seats available when we came down for lunch yet a manager managed to bring in a table and more chairs for us and we squeezed into the bar were my husband got to watch the match while the kid went and hunted for Larry. For great food, brilliant staff and loads to do for the kids, I can’t recommend this hotel enough.
I know where we will be heading back to this summer and hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunshineshadow007
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you all enjoyed the stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aogan

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We spent the weekend here 2 adults and two children. First impression from driving up the driveway was this hotel badly needs road repair the pot holes were unbelievable. We had booked a family room one double two singlebeds. First thing my husband did was to turn on the tiny portable tv, picture was awful. On entering the bathroom there was two broken floor tiles that could be easily fix with some floor filler if someone took the time. The bath was cracked and the sidepanel of the bath had an enormous crack in it. The shower curtain was a disgrace all I could think about was the bacteria breeding in the bathroom alone. Also only three showergels for four people for two nights I ended up asking housekeeper for more. On going down the stairs my kids were looking out the window and on the roof near the kitchen were two rats running about, yes its in the country I suppose you would get this but my impression was getting even more negative. I informed the receptionist about the broken bathroom tiles and when we came back from our walk i was informed we could move rooms. I checked the new room out and yes it was much grandier and had a cleaner feeling about it, but unfortunately the kids would have to sleep on campbeds so I declined the room. We were offered a complementary drink. The swimming pool changing areas were not very clean quite run down. We got this weekend on a promotion but I would not payfull price. To say the least this hotel could do with the rundown rooms having a basic makeover-for hygene reasons.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jamison09
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I would like to apologise sincerely for the shortcomings you detailed in your review. Your family should not have been put into a room with a broken tile in the en suite. As you have mentioned in your review we immediately took steps to rectify this mistake and a room move was organised which you turned down. We were not made aware of any of the other issues you had, which is a pity as I can assure you we would have addressed them very quickly.
I do not agree that any of our room are dirty. In fact we pride ourselves on our standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel. While the room you were allocated is one of our older rooms the level of cleanliness is maintained at the same level in all our bedrooms. As for the allegation that your children witnessed rodents on the roof of the hotel we completely refute this. I feel that it is very unfair to publish a claim made by children. The hotel has a full service contract with a reputable pest control company who carry out a regular service of the property.
We take all review both positive and negative very seriously and I would be very appreciative if you could contact me so that I can discuss this review with you in more detail.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here recently on Saturday night. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and the decor of the hotel and hotel room were nice. Its an old estate type house that was extended to a hotel. We ate in the restaurant but found the menu to be quite basic Sunday lunch style. Although the food itself tasted fine. Also the dining room was very quiet and lacked atmosphere. We had a couple of drinks in afterwards and the atmosphere was better with a guy singing with a guitar. Breakfast in the morning was fine. Overall we enjoyed our stay but were dissapointed with the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SiobhanMc_10
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was sorry to read your comments about the menu and atmosphere in the restaurant. We are currently looking to extend our evening menu in the restaurant and we are working hard to ensure that all aspects of our guests stay are as comfortable as possible.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Aogan

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Having read through some of the reviews , I have noticed that the hotel is under new management and are currently updating the premises. With this in mind I have decided to focus on the positives rather than the negatives.
This is not a new hotel and as such retains much of the old world charm that is sadly missing in a lot of Irelands more ' modern' premises.
There is a beautiful garden , and a conservatory in the bar which ( though slightly cool in the early evening) provided a magnificent place to spend a few hours relaxing and taking in the surrounds.
The restaurant was not open on our first night and as a result we ate in the bar. The food was , to say the least fantastic.
Above all what we have taken away from our stay is the genuine welcome and friendliness we were treated to by the staff. The manager we voiced our initial concerns to proved to be the highlight of our short visit. Helpful and friendly all the time he seemed to always have time to say hello and enquire about our stay ( this may have been as a result of our initial complaint , though I have the feeling that he is just one of those ' happy people' that seem to be missing from our countries hotels and pubs recently ). This seems to be a characteristic throughout the hotel as everyone welcomed us and made us feel that we were regulars.
All in all a fantastic time . Any negatives have been well documented in previous reviews and while some of these problems became apparent to us , they were outweighed by the overall atmosphere in the hotel .
We will certainly be returning again and would recommend it to all for a relaxing getaway.
Many thanks to all involved in making our stay so good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary S
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was great to read such positive comments about the staff of the hotel. We are working hard to ensure that all aspects of our guests stay are as comfortable as possible. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Please do yourself a favor, and avoid this place.
I could be the unlucky one, but my wife booked this place for my birthday, because of the pool and gym.
Nightmare
On arrival after 1500 hrs rooms weren't ready, not a big deal as we were hungry, so we headed to the bar for some well needed nourishment. We ordered the a drinks and some food, but I already knew that this place was going to be a disaster. The bar was dirty and the lemons were left out on counter top looking like they be there for a number of days.
The young lady served me a pint of lager, I could smell the beer before I even handled it,
The beer was cloudy I asked her to change it, and with a roll of your eyes she did.
It only when I got to the table, I then notice the glass was dirty....
My wife told me to leave it, as this wasn't going to take away from our night,so I left it there and headed to our room....Now the wifes turn the room we got was very very dated I cant say it wasn't clean but not what we had expected.
We decided to leave, Receptionist was a very helpful girl and called a manager.
I told her about the problems and went with her to where we had left our food and drinks.
She did see the lemons and the dirty glass, and she was embarrassed
She was sorry for everything, but we decided to leave.
we left and went to the D hotel..................................

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ken_carter08
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I would like to apologise sincerely for the poor standards that you experienced. The hotel has changed management since your stay and intensive training has been carried out with all our staff to ensure that we achieve service excellence in all areas of the hotel.
We have also carried out a full review of our bedrooms and work has commenced to ensure our guest experience the highest levels of comfort.
Thank you again for posting your review. I would be delighted if you could contact me directly to allow me the opportunity to apologise to you in person.