We booked a family room, it was terrible, no valance sheets or top sheets on beds, carpet was just a disgrace! There were two iron burn marks and a piece that was cut out and replaced! The kettle was very badly corroded that I refused to boil water in it to make my child a bottle! The shower water was cold and had no pressure!
We ordered food in the bar and waited an hour and 10 mins to be served ( hotel was not busy) and food was very average and over priced! We asked for a sweet menu and after waiting another 20mins for this order to be taken we retreated back to our horrible room!
Breakfast was surprisingly good but staff took forever and were very grumpy!
We then went to use the swimming pool only to be stopped at the door by a member of staff because there was dog poo all over the entrance!! This hotel needs totally updated and done of the staff could do with learning some people skills! The receptionist was lovely and personally I think she is wasted working in this hotel! I will never stay Here again and I will not recommend it either! If it wasn't for the tayto park ticket (one night package deal) our trip would have been totally ruined,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western