This is one of the worst hotels I've ever been to. If you find yourself here then maybe reconsider. When we arrived, our first impressions were not good. It looked run down and dirty but as we found out it was the marks from the ivy which had recently been removed. However, when we walked into the reception we were surprised at how clean and lovely it looked. We were given the key card and we went to our room. The hallway smelt of paint so we had hopes our room had been refurbished. However when we entered our room, it was far from refurbished. The carpet was dirty and had a few iron burn marks on it. The Baths enamel was chipped and so was the toilet. The shower was ridiculous. It was dirty and you could only have it boiling hot or freezing cold although it took nearly 10 minuets to get even warm. The hairdryer was broken and after complaining, they sent up a new one. And to top it all off, the bathroom window was faulty as One of the hinges was broken. The lamp next to my bed was also faulty and we were supposed to have a phone as we only found out because one of our relatives was being put through to our room and nothing was happening. The tv was like a piece of ancient history with only a few channels and with all the money being used on the construction work on the grounds you would think they would spend a small amount on more modern tv's for the rooms. On our fist night 'trying' to sleep we discovered that the mattresses were like a wooden door. I like a really soft mattress and this was a disappointment as I got no sleep. As well, the pillows were wafer thin. We complained and they happily swapped the mattresses for more comfy ones and the pillows were a bit better. On the other hand, breakfast was amazing. Everyhing was cooked perfectly and it was served almost immediately. There was a large selection of drinks and pastries. The corridor wasn't the cleanest either and There were chunks out of the door frames. On the
other hand, the swimming pool is lovely. There is a sauna, jacuzzi and a steam room that I couldn't experience as it is refurbished. They could possibly do something with the doors as they slam and wake you up in middle of the night. I would only recommend this hotel to anyone if they refurbish the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western