“Lies, trickery and dirty lies”
Review of Westcourt Hotel

Westcourt Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Dublin, Ireland
“Lies, trickery and dirty lies”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a single Saturday night.
- While they warned me there were some issues with the water boiler, they failed to mention this meant there was absolutely no hot water at ant time day or night.
- the room was just barely big enough to fit the bed
- when I checked in they told me I may hear a bit of noise downstairs from the nightclub, this was another wild understatement. The issue wasnt that there was a nightclub downstairs, the issue was there is no sound proofing to the street outside. I could hear people sneeze outside, so from 1AM to 4AM it was like trying to sleep on the street in the middle of a party.
- the free parking is in a unlit garage, it is pitch black down there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pleepleus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Wales
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friends for rugby weekend.hHaving stayed here a few times over the last 20 years it says a lot.The hotel is located in the heart of the town and a great location to visit the many bars,no need for taxis so a bonus.
Bedroom was warm and clean and very modern.Bathroom had a walk-in shower and very clean.
Breakfast was very good and served with a loveky Irish smile.
The Westcourt does have live band and a nightclub which does cause noise problems late on,a few pints of Guinness solved the problem for our group!!
All staff were friendly and helpful would return again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Front of hotel were rather noisy,maybe the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nywlid
Murrumba Downs, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

On holiday from Australia while visiting friends in Ireland last month I stayed at The Westcourt for 9 nights. All the hotel staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for me. All you had to do was ask. The hotel bar was a great place to catch up with friends, served lovely lunches and had a very warm welcoming ambiance with attentive friendly waiters/waitresses. It seemed to be a favourite haunt for locals also. (Special thanks to Donna for looking after me while I was there.)
I do recommend the bar, the restaurant required reservations but I preferred the food and atmosphere of the bar. (family orientated during the day)
I think I stayed so long I was treated extra well by all the folks at the Westcourt.
Bed was comfy, bathroom clean and just the right size- power shower was lovely, room cleaned daily by friendly but not intrusive housekeeping. The nights of Friday and Saturday had a dance club downstairs, the sound of which wasn't too bad from my room (203), they did supply ear plugs if you were bothered by it. I noticed it stopped by 3am, probably earlier but I had no trouble falling asleep (without ear plugs) regardless. No lift, but staff helped with bags. The hotel is centrally located in Drogheda and was a good place to stay..about 40 minutes from Dublin airport as my friend drove. Drogheda is a friendly town and I totally recommend it, as I do this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor to escape night club noise Friday and Saturday nights. Lower floor if stairs are a bother...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Ballybrack, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our room was slightly dated, but thats me being picky, the decor in the hotel itself is lovely, halls a little shabby or possibly dated again is a better word. The bathroom was fantastic, huge bath. Wouldn't get better in a 4star to be honest. Location is great, had no problem allowing us to check out at 2oc.

Lovely place

Room Tip: Breakfast Right across the street, big cafe, SUPERB!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times with family and have found both the food and the staff to be excellent in all respects. The food is presented extremely well & it tastes fantastic! Also priced quite reasonably!!

Tip - have a chat to the barman in the restaurant about after dinner cocktails, he was very friendly to us and entertained us with some nice banter

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly for this older hotel, I got a great room, large bedroom and revamped bathroom, very nice. Everything I needed.

Receptionist was very nice on check in, friendly & efficient and gave me two complimentary passes for the night club.

Didn't use car park as it was Sunday and got street parking, but it seemed like a big ordeal to be let in. Big downside was noise, I had a street facing room and as it was a bank holiday the noise went on from 2am to 4am, PVC windows very badly made, no sound insulation, disappointing .

Apart from that it's a great location , town centre great rooms and friendly service. Would recommend if you are going out on town, much friendlier than the scruffy D Hotel nearby.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnChapin
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at the Westcourt Hotel for a long weekend in September, with several friends and family members. The staff were absolutely fantastic! They pulled out all the stops to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Breakfast each morning was truly lovely, with wonderful fresh local produce and gorgeous wheaten bread. Their breakfast room also doubles as their restaurant and is very conducive to good conversation, with lovely lighting.
Our bedroom had been recently refurbished, and was very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely, incorporating a wet room type shower.
The only thing I would say is that given the central location of this hotel it is advisable to wear ear plugs to assist sleep, as the noise levels from the street can be problematic.
We had lunch in the hotel on three occasions, and were not disappointed. Their foyer is very comfortable and lots of us gathered there in the evenings to enjoy a few convivial drinks and some good conversation.
I look forward to my next trip there!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Westcourt Hotel? Share your experiences!