“Very disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here expecting a good nights sleep as here on business, some ok food and the internet..oh and of course a clean room and decent bed..

Bed, room and internet was great..
Food very iffy indeed. Restaurant doesn't open very night.
NO LIFT, it's 2014 people....

DO NOT GET A ROOM ON THE FRONT OF THE HOTEL, there's bells ringing, car alarms, people drunk, more noises than being at a fair ground.. Don't try and do work in the afternoon as there is a bag pipe player either near by or in the hotel.

When people shut there hotel doors, you can hear it shut from 10 miles away as well...

Stop in the dee, that's where I normally stop, but sadly I didn't book this stay, someone else did, got a good mind to sack them...

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Ballymena, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When we arrived the staff were pleasant and attentive, always a good start. We were asked if we wanted to park and someone opened a shutter to a local supermarket car park, while this is a pretty safe place to park it is pitch black at night and you have to wait for shutters to be open and closed.

we were offered complimentary entry into the attached night club which we hard no real intention of attending, but we might as well have went as we could hear every beat in our room anyway. Surely if your going to build a club under your rooms you would sound proof them?

When I called reception for the wifi password (service provided by bitbuzz which you have to sign up for) I was asked if I was made aware of a hot water issue, or lack of rather. I'd a shower that night which was fine however next morning there was no hot water, I was warned though even if it was after checking in.

The rooms were clean enough and we had fresh towels and a made bed when we got back the next evening, however our window would not lock and there was a lot of noise coming from extractor fans on the roof. Our room was a little on the small side, and thankfully I didn't need to iron anything as it looked like someone had used it to cook the sole of their shoes.

If you want to use the attached restaurant (which gets great reviews I might add) make sure and book it. We didn't but we found a very nice Italian around the corner.

Ok bottom line, would I go again? Yea I think I would, but I'd ask for a quieter room, more space and maybe a TV remote.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room if you want sleep, ask for one on the second floor if you want to go clubbing...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a single Saturday night.
- While they warned me there were some issues with the water boiler, they failed to mention this meant there was absolutely no hot water at ant time day or night.
- the room was just barely big enough to fit the bed
- when I checked in they told me I may hear a bit of noise downstairs from the nightclub, this was another wild understatement. The issue wasnt that there was a nightclub downstairs, the issue was there is no sound proofing to the street outside. I could hear people sneeze outside, so from 1AM to 4AM it was like trying to sleep on the street in the middle of a party.
- the free parking is in a unlit garage, it is pitch black down there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pleepleus
North Wales
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friends for rugby weekend.hHaving stayed here a few times over the last 20 years it says a lot.The hotel is located in the heart of the town and a great location to visit the many bars,no need for taxis so a bonus.
Bedroom was warm and clean and very modern.Bathroom had a walk-in shower and very clean.
Breakfast was very good and served with a loveky Irish smile.
The Westcourt does have live band and a nightclub which does cause noise problems late on,a few pints of Guinness solved the problem for our group!!
All staff were friendly and helpful would return again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Front of hotel were rather noisy,maybe the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nywlid
Murrumba Downs, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

On holiday from Australia while visiting friends in Ireland last month I stayed at The Westcourt for 9 nights. All the hotel staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for me. All you had to do was ask. The hotel bar was a great place to catch up with friends, served lovely lunches and had a very warm welcoming ambiance with attentive friendly waiters/waitresses. It seemed to be a favourite haunt for locals also. (Special thanks to Donna for looking after me while I was there.)
I do recommend the bar, the restaurant required reservations but I preferred the food and atmosphere of the bar. (family orientated during the day)
I think I stayed so long I was treated extra well by all the folks at the Westcourt.
Bed was comfy, bathroom clean and just the right size- power shower was lovely, room cleaned daily by friendly but not intrusive housekeeping. The nights of Friday and Saturday had a dance club downstairs, the sound of which wasn't too bad from my room (203), they did supply ear plugs if you were bothered by it. I noticed it stopped by 3am, probably earlier but I had no trouble falling asleep (without ear plugs) regardless. No lift, but staff helped with bags. The hotel is centrally located in Drogheda and was a good place to stay..about 40 minutes from Dublin airport as my friend drove. Drogheda is a friendly town and I totally recommend it, as I do this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor to escape night club noise Friday and Saturday nights. Lower floor if stairs are a bother...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Ballybrack, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our room was slightly dated, but thats me being picky, the decor in the hotel itself is lovely, halls a little shabby or possibly dated again is a better word. The bathroom was fantastic, huge bath. Wouldn't get better in a 4star to be honest. Location is great, had no problem allowing us to check out at 2oc.

Lovely place

Room Tip: Breakfast Right across the street, big cafe, SUPERB!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times with family and have found both the food and the staff to be excellent in all respects. The food is presented extremely well & it tastes fantastic! Also priced quite reasonably!!

Tip - have a chat to the barman in the restaurant about after dinner cocktails, he was very friendly to us and entertained us with some nice banter

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Westcourt Hotel? Share your experiences!