“Fantastic place, bad location”
Review of Westcourt Hotel

Westcourt Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Absolutely loved this boutique hotel, probably one of the most beautiful places we stayed on our trip. Well decorated, incredibly clean, great and inexpensive restaurant....perfect place.
If you're carrying a lot of bags, note that there is no elevator, but they help move bags.
The only thing I didn't like about this place was the location. The town is a bit sketchy and if you park out back, it feels like you're walking through NY alleyways to get in.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff or have difficulty getting up stairs, call in to book and request a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank a2m774
Barry C, Manager at Westcourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westcourt Hotel on your recent visit to Drogheda and for taking the time to write such a great review, your comments are much appreciated and I have shared with the team. Drogheda is generally a safe town, like any large towns/cities, some areas may appear sketchy but are safe!
Hope to see you back in Drogheda and The Westcourt Hotel again.

Best Regards
-Barry Carter
Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel lovely manager couldn, t do enough for us.location perfect.large room with lovely bathroom.being a smoker really liked seated and heated smoking area breakfast very nice.parking in super value behind hotel get reception to stamp your ticket reduces cost considerably.will def return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review roro899.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to Drogheda. We look forward to welcoming you back to Drogheda and The Westcourt Hotel very soon.

Best Regards
-Barry Carter
Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My room was at the front of the hotel so on both nights (weekend) I heard every person out on the town. So 2 SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. On Saturday morning I went for breakfast at 8.00am and couldn't order my cooked breakfast as the staff were waiting on the chef. While I waited I had a cereal. This was out of date by 2 months. When I notified the staff, she apologised and walked off without offering me something else. Waited then 20 mins on my breakfast. After this disappointment, I went back to my room for a shower. Ran the water for 15 mins, FREEZING COLD. I contacted reception to complain. They offered me another room but only to shower in it. The said they would get a plumber to look at it but this problem was NOT fixed. I couldn't wait to get home so I left early the next morning without breakfast. I wasn't charged for 1 breakfast but was told the General Manager would contact me to discuss my complaint. 3 days later, STILL NOTHING.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel over look the main street in Drogheda. This street is very busy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Marie-Louise B
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have never stayed in the Westcourt so this review is all about Socialising there. I often go there to meet with friends for a coffee or a meal. I have attended functions there on many occacions & ALWAYS it is 100%. This evening there was a group of over 20 of us there for a meal & a few drinks. The décor & ambiance of the hotel is really lovely - modern with a cosy intimate feel to it. The staff are amazing here both the Bar & Restaurant. Very efficient pleasant and professional. The hotel was very busy but we were attended to really very well. I love the Westcourt

Room Tip: Sorry I haven't stayed here I am only reviewing the Bar/Restaurant. However I had friends from C...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here expecting a good nights sleep as here on business, some ok food and the internet..oh and of course a clean room and decent bed..

Bed, room and internet was great..
Food very iffy indeed. Restaurant doesn't open very night.
NO LIFT, it's 2014 people....

DO NOT GET A ROOM ON THE FRONT OF THE HOTEL, there's bells ringing, car alarms, people drunk, more noises than being at a fair ground.. Don't try and do work in the afternoon as there is a bag pipe player either near by or in the hotel.

When people shut there hotel doors, you can hear it shut from 10 miles away as well...

Stop in the dee, that's where I normally stop, but sadly I didn't book this stay, someone else did, got a good mind to sack them...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

When we arrived the staff were pleasant and attentive, always a good start. We were asked if we wanted to park and someone opened a shutter to a local supermarket car park, while this is a pretty safe place to park it is pitch black at night and you have to wait for shutters to be open and closed.

we were offered complimentary entry into the attached night club which we hard no real intention of attending, but we might as well have went as we could hear every beat in our room anyway. Surely if your going to build a club under your rooms you would sound proof them?

When I called reception for the wifi password (service provided by bitbuzz which you have to sign up for) I was asked if I was made aware of a hot water issue, or lack of rather. I'd a shower that night which was fine however next morning there was no hot water, I was warned though even if it was after checking in.

The rooms were clean enough and we had fresh towels and a made bed when we got back the next evening, however our window would not lock and there was a lot of noise coming from extractor fans on the roof. Our room was a little on the small side, and thankfully I didn't need to iron anything as it looked like someone had used it to cook the sole of their shoes.

If you want to use the attached restaurant (which gets great reviews I might add) make sure and book it. We didn't but we found a very nice Italian around the corner.

Ok bottom line, would I go again? Yea I think I would, but I'd ask for a quieter room, more space and maybe a TV remote.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room if you want sleep, ask for one on the second floor if you want to go clubbing...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a single Saturday night.
- While they warned me there were some issues with the water boiler, they failed to mention this meant there was absolutely no hot water at ant time day or night.
- the room was just barely big enough to fit the bed
- when I checked in they told me I may hear a bit of noise downstairs from the nightclub, this was another wild understatement. The issue wasnt that there was a nightclub downstairs, the issue was there is no sound proofing to the street outside. I could hear people sneeze outside, so from 1AM to 4AM it was like trying to sleep on the street in the middle of a party.
- the free parking is in a unlit garage, it is pitch black down there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pleepleus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk

Been to Westcourt Hotel? Share your experiences!