“Perfect locatlon”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Perfect locatlon”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here last year for the first time - I broke my ankle and they were very accommodating to husband while I was in the hospital. We wanted to revisit and see things that we missed so we went back earlier this month. The staff could not have been nicer - remembered us from last year and our circumstances. I had a meal in the gastrolounge last year that I just adored but it wasn't on their menu this time - I asked about it and the chef made it for me. It was wonderful.Drogheda is a wonderful town and this hotel is a perfect location from which to explore the town. We will return if we ever are in this area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkMcGowan, Manager at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
I remember you were with us last year, I hope you recovered from your injury and you have all the energy to return to travelling. I am delighted you had such a wonderful occasion on your last visit. Thank you for your review.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Bought a fantastic deal on Living Social at Christmas and booked in yesterday with my husband. I can't praise the owner Martin, his friendly helpful staff and excellent hospitality enough. When we arrived the hotel was buzzing with diners (which went on until the evening). The restaurant menu and bar menu where superb. Our offer included a 1 night stay with breakfast and any main meal in either the bar or restaurant. We opted for the bar menu, my husband having sirloin and pepper sauce and I the catch of the day in beer batter. It was so cosy. The decor of the hotel is amazing and the restaurant is a must see. Some have said the rooms are small but it was perfect for us as when we go away we dont tend to stay in our room much. The room was spotless, warm and had everything we needed. This morning we had a walkabout and then returned to our room for a coffee (the advantage of a late checkout - 12 noon). I will definately be returning to this little treasure. Thanks to the owner again and his staff for making us feel so welcome.
Jill & Joe McCullough

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkMcGowan, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
We are delighted you made use of the fantastic deal that was on Living Social. Thank you for all of your generous comments. We look forward to your return.

Dublin
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very charming, but the bedroom was so small that we had to put our overnight bags in the shower room. We had dinner, the menu was good but unfortunately I had to return my main course as it was cold. The breakfast was very good.I loved the ambience of this hotel but unfortunately the bedroom let it down.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gerannDublin
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologise for your main-course arriving cold to your table. That is a situation that we can control and to receive a dish cold is not what we are about. We clearly let ourselves down on that note. The room size however is a situation that we cannot control. The room sizes vary and if a larger room is available we could have offered it to you. We do not try and hide the fact that our rooms are small as the size is part of the character that makes Scholars Townhouse what it is. We even offer a virtual tour on our website with each of the rooms on it for guests to see the size of the room in real life. If you decide to come back to us we will do everything in our power to give you a better experience and once again apologies for the foosd arriving to you cold.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself have stayed at this hotel twice and it was a wonderful experience on both occasions .On booking our second visit in Feb 14 I mentioned to the manager Mark that it was a return visit and he wewelcomed us when we arrived the room was amazing with a 4 poster bed and lots of space big bathroom and room temperature just right we had dinner at the hotel on both evenings and I would have to say it was up there with any 5 star rating breakfast was also fantastic overall this hotel has ticked every box on my list the service , food, atmosphere, rooms and the most helpful friendly staff you could ever meet looking forward to our next visit hopefully around Easter jackie

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you had such a great experience and hopefully we will welcome you back to us again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We came in on a Sunday night as a stop-off on our way to Dublin. Since it was Sunday, the town itself was completely quiet, so we had to make our fun at the hotel. We had no problem doing just that! When we got there, we were initially really unhappy with our room. It was small, sure, but more than that, it smelled like fried chicken. It was just really icky so we came to the receptionist and told her about the problem. We were switched immediately to a new room, no questions asked. The new room was perfect; beautiful and clean and without a weird smell. After settling in, we went down to the hotel bar, and the first round was on the house on account of our troubles. We didn't ask -- the bartender just did it, and it was wonderfully appreciated. We ended up drinking and chatting all night; and every staff party we dealt with was incredibly accommodating and kind. Basically, Drogheda would have been a bust if it hadn't been for the great time we had at the Scholars Townhouse Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkMcGowan, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback in regard to your recent stay. Apologies the initial room had a strange smell of fried Chicken, I know we had a full house the night before and possibly a guest may have brought back some food. The odours should have been eliminated by the time you were checking in. I am glad we recovered well and you had such a pleasant stay. Drogheda is generally a fantastic town with plenty to do, you may have been unlucky the weekend you were there. If you decide to come back to us we will put an itinerary together of what you can achieve in a short space of time in our fantastic town. Thank you again for your feedback.

Regards
Belfast
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Sat back from a Main Street , Scholars is breath taking. With an old worldly feeling but modern facilities.
A walk away from the Drogheda town centre. Parking available and on free on street at weekends.
This hotel has Wifi , bar and Restaurant.
The food was excellent and the chef must be commended. The staff are friendly and very helpful.
I will be returning here and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The front of the house has better views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scholars1867, Owner at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review in regard to your recent stay. We hope to have you back real soon and give you the same experience.

Trim
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had a fabulous dinner in Scholars on Friday night last. From our welcome on arrival to our departure we could not fault the hospitality. Staff are excellent - food is amazing and the whole experience of dining in Scholars is to be highly recommended. We are returning later in March for Sunday lunch to mark a significant birthday for my uncle who incidentally is a Christian Brother who taught in Drogheda and probably stayed in the residence which is now Scholars. Can't wait!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent review. We will give you the same standard of service for your uncles 80th Birthday.

Regards

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan

Been to Scholars Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!