“Perfect venue”
Review of Glenside Hotel

Glenside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I recently went to a wedding celebration. I have to say it was fab. The Glenside hotel is the perfect venue. The room was decorated beautifully and there was a great atmosphere in the hotel. The staff couldn't do enough for u and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JAT16
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Jat 16

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

We were happy to read that you appreciated the atmosphere at our hotel and that you enjoyed your meal with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Glenside Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I recently attended a function at the lovely Glenside hotel. A hidden gem of a hotel just 35 mins outside of Dublin. We were greeted by fab Lateran lit entrance which added warmth to the cold wintery night outside. Inside the hotel the staff were helpful, pleasant and very attentive throughout the course of the evening nothing was too much trouble, very rare in these times to find somewhere with this impeccable service.

The function room was fab very tastefully decorated with the bar inside of the room which I always feel is very important at a function to keep all guests inside at the party!!

On the night we had a Buffet style Dinner which was Superb with plenty of choice for all. The restaurant was also busy in the hotel on the night and to me this is a clear indication of good quality tasty food so I look forward to returning in the near future to sample more of the hotels tasty menu.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank aerosexual
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our service impeccable.

Furthermore, we were delighted to note that you liked the the manner in which our function room was decorated and that you enjoyed your meal.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Well I was recently at the Glenside for a celebration Function and stayed over night. What Can I say, instantly you feel welcome and at home, Staff are like your family. The night was so much fun and the set up of the function was sophistication, the surprises didn't stop there and when the fantastically set up Buffet with carved veg etc was served we tasted TOP CLASS food EVERYONE complimented the Chef! EVERYONE and we ate until we could eat no more. No one had to worry about what to do next as you where quietly led (unnoticed) and where entertained through the night before we retired to very comfortable rooms within yards of the function restaurant and Bar and yet no noise could be heard. Breakfast in the tastefully decorated restaurant finished off a fantastic day and night. I cant say enough about this place.........Don't miss out on this little Gem...... a true Emerald of this Isle.

Room Tip: Well use the Suite, its a fantastic four poster room and very very reasonable price
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear mrlomax1031,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the function you attended and to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. I will pass your very generous comments to our Head Chef and his team.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had a meal for two here recently following a recommendation from a friend. I hadn't eaten hear for a long time and was lloking forward to meal. It did not disappoint. My wife said that the lamb was the best she had for a long time and I really enjoyed my chicken sizzler. The chowder starter was tasty and warming on a cold night. The friendly staff created a relaxed atmosphere and we really enjoyed a good night to blow the January blues away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Darragh Tulla

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments on Trip Advisor. We were very happy to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your meal at our hotel. Furthermore, it was wonderful to note that you appreciated the friendly service, which we always strive to achieve.

Thank you for recommending the Glenside Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 November 2012

The staff at the Glenside are exceptionally hard working and would do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

After marrying in Mauritius, my new wifes' parents decided to throw us a party at the Glenside Hotel Drogheda. We travelled to Drogheda from Cavan on three occassions to discuss and plan the event. On the day some things were changed, we have to assume these were due to mixups somewhere, however my advice would be to keep everything in writing just to ensure the day goes as planned.

Also ensure you have somebody appointed to collect and store any presents and supervise the running of the day as planned because the bride and groom have too much to do when meeting guests etc. Unfortunately some gifts were lost in the confusion as we never thought to appoint anyone.

We were told putting up pictures on the screen was determined by whether the manager was available, it struck me that the majority of staff are technophobes as I was able to put the same pics on the TV in my room... using a remote control.

There were times during the day when we had to remind the staff of things that had been pre arranged, it was a minor inconvenience but may seriously annoy some people. We also had to arrange the collection of leftover items on 3 occasions One of these we were rang about.

The Hotel band were excellent however, it would have been nice to be involved with the music selection for the night as a lot of our party were young but the majority of the music played was for an older group. As I said earlier these are things we should have spoken to the hotel about or had a meeting arranged with the group 'Clockwise', they are excellent artists and are more than capable of playing any music genre.

The rooms are dated but very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent although after a wedding they may need to consider extending their late breakfast finishing time, as some of the party were refused breakfast... after spending a lot of money in the hotel to then be at the mercy of a Chef's strop? Possibly worth considering.

As we were married in Mauriitius and as this was simply meant to be the Irish celebration we refused the services of the hotel photographer. I'm not certain if this was a reason however, the hotel regularly congratulate their wedding couples on facebook, we were not congratulated. Personally it didn't bother me but the inlaws might have appreciated a congratulations for their daughter. When I pointed this out I received an apology and was asked to forward pictures of our actual wedding with one from the night at the Glenside. I have to respect any organisation or hotel that proves it is proactive and obviously appreciates a bit of constructive criticism. Obviosly the Management are progressive and conscientious

Besides the wedding issues which I must admit were predominantly ours for not knowing what to have in place (Don't make the same mistake as us), we really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel. Although dated, it's very comfortable. The staff are exceptional, I won't insult them by naming anyone specifically, they are all brilliant. The food is out of this world. As a restaurant this hotel is first class. Book it now.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank damo-emt1
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff in this comfortable carvery. Great selection of meals every day. Quality consistent all the time. Would recommend. This restaurant has many regular customers who return week after week. This, in it self, is a great vote of confidence in the carvery.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed here in September and found the rooms very spacious and clean and the food in the resteraunt lovely. All the staff are very helpful and friendly . Ideal lication close to drogheda . I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back there soon

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Glenside Hotel? Share your experiences!