“SHORT STEP IN DROGHEDA”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
LILLE
“SHORT STEP IN DROGHEDA”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We choose this hotel on line because it was near the place we want to be day after. This hotel is not in Drogheda and you need a car to reach it. Nothing to do walking in this place.
This room, correct size and bed comfort OK have two specifics inconvenients, see below.

Breakfast included (full irish) was ok with also buffet choice.

Nice photographies in hall and restaurant, easy parking and easy access with car. Hotel is classic a little old for some equipments. not so bad for price.

Room Tip: we had a room which combine two defaults : noise by kitchen ventilation (only work hours) and window...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
glensidehotel, Manager at Glenside Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Thierry C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of glensidehotel.ie on Trip Advisor.

We were happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and have noted the recommendations you have made.

Ronan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mayo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night. The room were old and dated as was the bathroom, it reminded me of a nursing home the rooms had windows above the door with no curtains so loads of light coming in at all times the bathroom was small and again needs to be updated a and cleaned

The bar was dirty needs a good deep clean and the smell of cleaning agents when you walk in the door is not good.

Had breakfast in the hotel and it was nice nothing special.

The staff in the hotel were very nice and friendly

Sorry to say don’t think I would return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my new wife got married here in late may. From start to finish the Glenside exceeded our expectations and made our day even better than we could have imagined.Marie took our booking and was like our very own wedding organiser nothing was an issue and Everything that was promised was delivered and more.We had a delicious meal which everyone said was one of the best wedding meals they had eaten.The service was excellent and very professional.I work in the industry and must say that the glenside really delivers in all areas for weddings.We had a late bar which ran extremely smoothly (not always the case In some hotels).all the wedding party stayed in the hotel and although the rooms are basic they are comfy and clean and the rate was not too high.breakfast was delicious and the service fast and efficient. The gardens out the back are the jewel in the crown of this hotel and as we got the weather we took full advantage of getting as many snaps as possible.All in all I cannot fault the Glenside one bit.we will be planning many more family functions here in the future and am sure Marie and the team will make them all special for us.thank you Marie and the Glenside team for a truly wonderful day

Stayed May 2014
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear John M

Our team were overjoyed to read that your experience of glensidehotel.ie on your wedding day exceeded your expectations and made the day even better than you could have imagined.

We appreciate you noting that the service was excellent and very professional. We were also delighted to read that you made the most of our gardens for your photographs.

We would like to thank you for choosing glensidehotel.ie to host your special day and would also like to mention what a pleasure it was working with you both.

We hope to see you both again very soon,

Ronan.
Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Glenside for 2 nights. It's a small, quaint hotel which definitely needs updating but I found it to be spotlessly clean and comfortable. There was no shortage of extra bedding and towels. It was blissfully quiet at night (although I think it would be quite a noisy stay if a wedding should be in residence) Breakfast was efficient and really fresh and tasty. I ordered scrambled eggs for the kids which came out presented in such a way that the kids thought they were getting something extra special. The staff were friendly but unobtrusive. As a base for trips to Tayto park and Funtasia water park, it is perfect. Also, there is a fab little play park in lovely Laytown which is 5 minutes away. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 110
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear JDevenney

Thank you for taking the time to review glensidehotel.ie on Trip Advisor.

Our team were delighted to read that you and your family had such a comfortable stay at glensidehotel.ie. We really appreciate you mentioning how friendly you found our staff to be and were happy to read how much the children enjoyed their breakfast.

We look to you next visit at glensidehotel.ie,
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was a quiet morning when we dropped in here as non-residents for breakfast. Had a pleasant enough meal served up by friendly staff. The food itself was fine and they did not make the mistake of serving those excessively salty rashers (bacon) and sausages that are often the hallmark of an establishment looking to skimp on costs.

In summary, it was a good value meal in a quiet restaurant with friendly service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear DaveyBikeBoy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of glensidehotel.ie on TripAdvisor.

Our team were delighted you read that you enjoyed the food and customer service so much.

We hope to see you again soon at glensidehotel.ie

Roan
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were in Ireland visiting family and this is always the chosen place to eat when there.

8 of us eating and each of us, including the children, loved the meals- including what are quite possibly the best Scampi I have ever eaten, including a huge portion of them!

The hotel does look a little dated from the outside, but it is probably more to do with the 'Crossroads' style structure rather than the décor.

In 18 years of visiting, including my own wedding reception here, I have always enjoyed the food, and the staff have always been more than welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank No_I_am_Spartacus
Dear No_I_am_Spartacus

Thank you for reviewing glensidehotel.ie on TripAdvisor.

Our team were honoured to read that glensidehotel.ie is your destination of choice to eat at when visiting family in Drogheda. It was touching to read that you and your family have such a long history of dining at glensidehotel.ie and even nicer to read that you had your wedding reception here in years gone by.

We appreciate you making reference to how welcoming our team are and we hope to see you again soon at glensidehotel.ie.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

On arrival. All looked ok. Reception area was spacious and check in was swift and friendly. I was in room 108 just off the reception area. OMG! never again. Room was fine but lacked any atmosphere and decor was sparce. No phone which I realised why and will tell you soon. This place is basic and I mean basic. Staying anymore than one night, go else where, I beg you. Bathroom needed updated and the tiolet seat was broken and dirty along with a cracked sink. I asked for the bar or as they call it a lounge but it looked more like a school dinner hall. Only comfortable seats were in the reception area and there were only 6 sofas. The bar is not a welcoming place for anyone. Not impressed at all. Went to the restaurant about 7pm and was told that it was fully booked as 3 birthday parties in. I stated I was a guest and should of been informed of this when I arrived. They did find a table after running around for 15 minutes and let me in. I had the seafood chowder to start. Bowl full of cream with very little fish in it. My friend had salmon which was soaked in so much oil, we had to send it back as it turned their stomach. I had one bite and was so bad that I could not even eat my meal which in fact was not so good either. Due to a long day travelling, decided to hit the room early and get a good nights sleep for next day. OH! how so wrong. From 10pm through to 4am there were people shouting, slamming doors, talking loud in corridor and outside. The room had a window over the door which let in the light from the corridor which was a pain in itself. The hotel seemed to have no policy in place for the respect of guests trying to sleep after midnight by keeping the idiots at these parties from shouting. People were standing outside the hotel reception all night until 4am shouting and swearing which we could hear from our room. No phone to call reception and inform them to shut the idiots up. Breakfast was seved from 7-10 and we arrived about 7:30. No one to be seen and helped ourselves to orange juice and fruit while we waited. 10 minutes later a guy appears and seem surprised to see anyone there. Breakfast was ok and better than the evening meal. I should have realised that this hotel was not going to be up to scratch when the sat nav picked up every hotel but this one. Now I know why. On the good side. Staff were polite and helpful but this hotel would of been better suited in the 1970's. Comfort rating zero. It also stated free wifi. It was free but so limited, I could not load a page on laptop.

Room Tip: do not take a room off the reception area
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary P
glensidehotel, Owner at Glenside Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Navigator

It is with much disappointment that we are reading this review, as this is generally not the feedback we receive from our guests.

We would like to apologise to you for the issues you found at the hotel and we are sorry that we missed the opportunity to rectify the situation with you prior to you leaving the hotel. Should you wish to further discuss any of the issues raised in your review, please email me directly at ronan@glensidehotel.ie and I will call or email you.

Ronan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
Westcourt Hotel
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan

Been to Glenside Hotel? Share your experiences!