“Excellent, and "Thank you very much" for your arrangement”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Orley House

Orley House
Ranked #15 of 15 Drogheda B&B and Inns
Shinagawa, Japan
“Excellent, and "Thank you very much" for your arrangement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

Our three days stay was great, room has good sence and clean,
breakfast is very good, garden is beautiful. I felt very relaxed.
Furthermore, despite of my flight to Amsterdam was cancelled
because of the eruption of the volcano, staff was kindly made advise
to re-book the fligth from Belfast, and we successfully return to Japan.

I would like to stay again for a month, if I have a long holiday...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank ankyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
roma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have booked a double room august 24 and I have arrived for taking the room in the usual schedule of check in (to the 4.10 pm) and ... surprise... there was no anybody. I have rung to both the bells as in demand and nobody has opened, then I have waited 30 min. I have looked for another place in which to go to sleep, so I had lost the booking of the visit to Newgrange. .... When I have called the B&B Orley House (5 pm) they have said that they were to make shopping!! and then at 11 pm they withdraw me the money from the credit card!!!!!! despite I had distrusted them they have taken my money without having furnished me the performance!!! Now I have reported them to the italian authority.... Avoid you him

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank turist68
capepoint, Owner at Orley House, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
Client made a booking and cancelled at 5.20pm day of arrival , said they were staying in Dublin . Client claimed he was at Orley House but did not appear on cctv camera. Client was told of the cancellation charge when making his booking. The Client was not a nice person to deal with. As I did not fill my room the client was charged as per Cancellation Policy.
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

this was the first of two nights for us in drogheda.
great, residential location.
very quiet and serene. great breakfast.
close proximity to train to dublin as well as newgrange.
thank you!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Andy B
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2008

This was without doubt the best B & B I have stayed in, and I would recommend it to anyone so nice we stayed 1 extra night as we were less than 30mins to the airport.

The room was very comfortable , very quiet, squeaky clean with lovely toiletries & hospitality tray, had great night sleep. Our bedroom over looked their beautiful garden which was in full bloom.

We had our breakfast in their wonderful conservatory which is surrounded by beautiful roses and flowers. Breakfast was delicious and all fresh ingredients used.

The friendliness/helpfulness of staff were great they advisd and booked our restaurant and also our golf in Laytown & Bettystown.

Wonderful hosts, will return again a real little gem.

• Liked — Everything from room , breakfast, service and wonderful hosts
  • Disliked — I cannot recall a single thing I didnt like! Just simply wonderful and relaxing highly reccommended
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank boneill08
suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2007

We only visited Drogheda for a specefic music event being held there, otherwise would not choose, as not a very charming town, but handy being on main road between Dublin and Belfast.
A bungalow on a nice enough estate, decor old fashioned, worn and paper peeling a bit, everything seemed rather old but all clean. Room was small and crowded, with 4.6" bed + a single. I moved to single for second night as slightly more comfortable.Tea making facilities, but had to search for somewhere to plug in kettle. No coffee first day, just cheapish tea. Breakfast not great, adequate. My husband said sausages not as good as previous place. As a veggie I had cereals + few crackers and tasteless cheese. Not enjoyable. Next 2 days breakfast was better, I had fried eggs and tomatoes.

Elderly couple run this, the gentlemen was friendly and tried to be helpful. We may return to Drogheda next October, but will probably search out another place. This had nothing really terrible about it, just not great I'm afraid.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room and food
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank annieSuffolk
capepoint, Owner at Orley House, responded to this review, 2 January 2008
The person that has written this review has not been able to provide proof of staying at Orley House. As the place described is not Orley House and remarks are liable.

I hope that this review will not put off other guests wishing to stay at Orley House, as we have been looking after guests for 20 years with lots of repeat business from all over the world. We provide modern accommodation in a very upmarket area and provide breakfast and dinner in our conservatory room.

Orley House wishes to welcome all new guests and returning guests a pleasant and memorable stay. You can be asured that you will be well looked after .