“Pricey, but tasty!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Ate here with our 11, 9 and 5 year olds and had a lovely dinner. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was delicious over all. The carbonara was a little disappointing but everything else was fabulous. They accommodated the 3 kids sharing 2 pizzas and wrapped up the left overs for us to take home. My husband got the 3 course special but was too full for dessert and again the waiter was extremely kind and added an extra "bump" of ice cream so that all 3 kids got one each.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

What can I say ONLY if you haven't tried this restaurant your missing out, its absolutely fabulous. The food is 1st class. The staff are very nice and help full. Try it and you won't be sorry.

3  Thank Kris 1900
Reviewed 7 January 2014

So what do you do on a wet and windy Monday evening in Castlebar in January? I tripped over this little gem when I had almost given up hope of finding somewhere that wasn't overpriced hotel, or fried 'bar' food.
I was the only customer at eight o' clock, but the welcome was friendly and, the restaurant was warm and welcoming. Over a Peroni, I studied the menu. Staples such as Minestrone, Penne and Pollo, sat alongside salmon with avocado, beef and mushroom ravioli, and 'Zuppa Di Pesce', an amazing dish with Monkfish, Calamari, Salmon, Mussels, Prawns and Crab, in a garlic, chilli and white wine sauce, and an amazing variety of Pizzas.
I ordered the Antipasto, followed by the Spinach Gnocchi in a Gorgonzola sauce! Warm bread and Pinot Grigio in a half caraffe were nice touches.
The starter was excellent; a mix of Italian ham, bresaola, and salami, with large slim slices of fresh parmesan and black olives. If anything the Gnocchi was even better. Clearly homemade, and with a sauce to die for. The remains of the bread were required to do justice to it! The chef's talents extended to the home made lemon sorbet, served with a dash of vodka.
Bt the time the expresso arrived, with a complimentary glass of limoncello, I finally realised that, once again, I had landed on my feet quite by chance.
At just over 40 Euros, I have no hesitation in recommending Al Muretto to anyone looking for excellent food and a warm welcome in this town. I would go out of my way to eat here again, and yes, by the time I left, the place was starting to fill!

1  Thank Gareth J
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Whenever I am feeling a little flush I like to call in. The food is lovely, no complaints here, a little pricey but not over the top by any means. Usually the service is good, waiters are attentive and friendly... except... the last visit I think our waiter was on another planet, did not want to come near us, seemed bored, took our orders with his head resting in his hands and even yawned in our face at one point. Didnt bother with us after our food arrived (which was fine with me). Strange, if it had been my first visit it would have been enough to put me off visiting again... luckily I know better. hopefully a once off

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were going to another restaurant and walked past Al Muretto. The menu looked interesting so we decided to go there instead and so glad we did. The food was great -- my husband had the risotto special of the day and I had the grilled beef and roast vegetables served in a gondola (!) -- what fun and really delicious. Everything in the restaurant, from the silverware to the water to the sugar packets is imported from Italy and the waiter (also Italian) was charming.