“2nd Stay Just as Brilliant as 1st !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carragh House

Carragh House
and 1 more site!
Carragh House
Ranked #4 of 17 Castlebar B&B and Inns
Ireland
“2nd Stay Just as Brilliant as 1st !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Well having stayed in March 2012, I returned again in November 2012 and I wasn't at all disappointed !

Brilliant and friendly hospitality, really clean rooms and even had the use of their Free WiFi in my room for the 2 nights I visited.

Breakfast on both days was delicious and was very sad to leave.

Can't wait until later on this year when I'll be returning again !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 2010irish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

It is more guest house than B&B - It seems that a very large family is leaving in this house.
There is no clear separation between the guest area and the family area.
There are bicycles in the corridor, just near the entrance to the guest rooms.
There were thrown pair of sport shoes in the entrance to breakfast area.
There was no WiFi signal in our room.
The room was very simple but clean. Breakfast was good.
It was unclear if there is lounge area for the guest usage or it's private for the owners..
The owners were very friendly, so we got very mixed felling about this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Oonagh and Des were lovely host and run a warm and friendly house. I was travelling with a bike and had been worried about storing it, but they were very accomodating and when I was making a very early start on the morning of leaving they kindly left my bike close to the door for my convenience. The room was comfortable and a decent size and thankfully there was a power shower. The breakfasts were also lovely. I did think it might have been nice if there had been a facility to make a drink in the room and the bathroom floor became partially flooded when showering, which could be remedied by putting a hard screen door on the shower instead of material shower curtain. I had tried to get a room at the welcome inn hotel, but it was fully booked, which on reflection I was very happy about, as the hotel was very noisy from a distance, so I should think it was unbareable staying there. When I go to Castlebar again I will get a room here.

Room Tip: If you want less noise perhaps the back of the house is better, but I wouldnt' think there would...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Kay K
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed at Carragh House at the beginning of March and had a brilliant 2 night stay.

Everything was perfect, room was spacious and clean, breakfast was gorgeous and Oonagh and Des were very friendly and approachable.

Will definitely be staying again.

One small comment though, I think it might be a good idea to have a kettle in the rooms so you can have a nice cuppa after a long day.

Dave

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank 2010irish
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights in February as we were attending a family function in the area. My dad has previously stayed here on quite a few occasions and always highly recommends it
The owners met us on arrival and were extremely friendly and helpful and even let us check into our rooms (it was1030 in the morning)!
The rooms were very clean and warm and there was adequate space for suitcases etc.
Breakfast was excellent.
The location is ideal as it is less than 5 minutes walk into the town centre and there is ample car parking.
We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Declan_01
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We went to Castlebar for a gig in July, we were met by the owner who took us for a quick pint in her local before we put our bags in the room, Class start to the night if you ask me :)

The rooms were very clean, warm and had hot water 24/7.

I also loved the shower ! it was very powerfull ! (I hate crappy showers)

I travel a lot around Ireland for work and I don't normally write any reviews but I have to give this place a big fat 10/10 !!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Paul G
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

On a cycling tour of Ireland and Castlebar was a stopover. Very friendly reception by Una in her clean, modern, comfortable B&B. There was plenty of room for our bags to explode in the room, the shower had plenty of hot water. Indoor storage for our bikes. Her family is into cycling, so she provided us with good information about our route on Achill Island. Good, plentiful, hearty breakfast to send us up the road. Good location near shops, pubs and restaurants. Great value. Wifi was weak in the room, but very good in the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends