No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2012

i love portofino its the best italian in castlebar! food is so yummy ! not to expensive either and nice service!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Ate here recently, had the value meal which ranges from E14-E28 for four course with a great mixture of food. the evening we were there the fryer wasnt working - so I couldnt have the calamari, so had the pate my husband had the mushrooms which were lovely, for the main - I had the baked fish special it was lovely, my husband had the cannelloni both were hot and tasty,I had the panna cotta my husband the cheesecake and coffee's to finish. It was very good value with a glass of wine and sparkling water came to under E50.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had booked in last minute to a local hotel, we decided to take a walk about and we stumbled upon Portofino. We walked in and received a really warm welcome, we were taken straight to a table for two. The place was buzzing as it was a Bank Holiday Saturday. We ordered drinks and we had starters, main courses and desserts..... I really cannot find fault with any of it. Fantastic service and really great food. And the bill did not break the bank. I would definitely return :-)

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

We got a voucher for this restaurant from friends as a gift & I ended up fefling bad for them having wasted their money.

Staff were appalling, unfriendly, ignorant with regards to the menu, no real clue as to what was available etc.

Starters were ok, nothing exciting. I had pizza for main course & being an Italian restaurant I was anticipating something spectacular....it was deflating. It smelt of scald. It is the only way to describe it. Like it had been scorched. It was void of any flavor or quality, if had far superior frozen pizzas at home!

My husband had fillet steak which he said was like trying to chew a flip flop.

Needless to say we didn't hang around for dessert for fear of what we would be presented with.

We ended up leaving a decent amount on our voucher, allowing it to go to waste as nothing would bring us back there.

If you are looking to throw money away, be hugely disappointed & waste a few hours with some surly clueless staff this is your kind of place.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Never had as bad an experience as this....hense why i am writing this review!!! Special Menu is obviously a way of drawing you in....the food is WAY over priced....the service staff just don't care...and you get charged for everything!! Food was tastey...but not worth the price...never again!!

1  Thank Jackie Mularky M