“Excellent Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Celebrated daughter's birthday there. Staff was courteous and the food was tasty. It was a little more expensive than Bar One and Cox's, our favorite.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Cant believe this place ranks below other restaurants in it's field. I have eaten here many times and I am never disapointed. The Daily Specials are great value and are of a very high standard. Find the staff quiet but friendly and on their toes. It is nicely decorated inside and there is an upstairs which would be great for extended groups.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

i love portofino its the best italian in castlebar! food is so yummy ! not to expensive either and nice service!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Ate here recently, had the value meal which ranges from E14-E28 for four course with a great mixture of food. the evening we were there the fryer wasnt working - so I couldnt have the calamari, so had the pate my husband had the mushrooms which were lovely, for the main - I had the baked fish special it was lovely, my husband had the cannelloni both were hot and tasty,I had the panna cotta my husband the cheesecake and coffee's to finish. It was very good value with a glass of wine and sparkling water came to under E50.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had booked in last minute to a local hotel, we decided to take a walk about and we stumbled upon Portofino. We walked in and received a really warm welcome, we were taken straight to a table for two. The place was buzzing as it was a Bank Holiday Saturday. We ordered drinks and we had starters, main courses and desserts..... I really cannot find fault with any of it. Fantastic service and really great food. And the bill did not break the bank. I would definitely return :-)