Travelled over on the day of the all - Ireland final ( mayo were in it), flight delayed - and the reception stayed on late to help me check in. Dedication - especially as they had just lost (badly ) to Kerry....
Couldn't do enough for me - even let me use his pc to check a telephone number on my Home email!
Handy location - 10 mins from town - secure parking,
Rooms are functional - remind me of a express holiday inn or a very up market youth hostel. Everything worked - was clean and secure.
Breakfast the next day (included ) is good enough to attract the locals - Fruit, cereals , Cooked etc.
Very relaxed - I had to remind them to take my money !
This would be an ideal location for touring - cycling or walking, and at GBP29 is an absolute bargain.
I was over for a wedding party and to meet friends and correctly guessed i would be out having a few scoops till 1 or 2 am.
Very satisfied I went for this option and saved 40 or 50GBP on the local hotels...... more money for the pub.
I have stayed in the area many times & hotels can be hit or miss - this is a third of the cost of many and breakfast is thrown in -
If you are visiting family or out and about and need a clean place to stay - this is a great option.
Would recommend wholeheartedly -
A room and breakfast for the cost of breakfast iin a london hotel - thats value ! and more friendly - :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village is a weather independent place to stay for visitors to Mayo and the surrounding area. We offer B&B, self-catering, caravan & camping and group accommodation for visitors as well as meeting rooms for conferences & workshops and cafe facilites for a quick bite to eat. Mayo's newest tourist route (opening Fall 2015) (The Greenway Walking and Cycling Route) passes through the grounds of Lough Lannagh Holiday Village. Individuals and groups welcome, special diets catered for, wheelchair and family friendly. Self Catering Castlebar & B&B Mayo Tourist Accommodation Whether you're looking to go on a family holiday, somewhere to stay for the night or you need to book your group in for a meeting or break, talk to us at Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar - we're sure we can help you. So what do you need? We have facilities for Bed and Breakfast, self catering holidays, conferences, meetings and groups of all sizes. See Tripadvisor for reviews. Whether staying for one night or a bit longer,, can offer excellent value, with terrific individual and group accommodation in a great location in Mayo, with so much going on Lough Lannagh Lodge AA 3 Star guest accommodation (24 ensuite bedrooms) Lough Lannagh ITB 4 star Self catering houses (11 cottages with in total 36 ensuite rooms. Lough Lannagh Caravan Park, ITB 3 star, 20 hardstanding bays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Lough Lannagh Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Hotel Castlebar
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar