“My compliments”

Ranked #19 of 56 Restaurants in Castlebar
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a modern and spacious bar serving light bites through to 3 course meals using local fresh produce. You can also choose to dine outside - weather permitting. We are also family friendly with children's menu available and we are open 7 days a week for breakfast lunch and dinner
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My compliments”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I ate at the Connaught Inn with a friend in Nov last. While there the place filled up very fast. They had just opened a few weeks previous.It was warm and welcoming. The service was great and not to mention the food it was delicious and beautifully presented . Great menu to choose from.
I felt really relaxed there , and not rushed like some other places I've been where they swipe your plate so fast so that you will order desert .
I will certainly be back to try something else from that menu.

Marie

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mya99

Athlone, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food ”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Great food nice portions sizes atmosphere good; The person serving was helpful bring out high chair for the toddler without having to ask:

1 Thank drumraney25
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Mature Couple Lancashire”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at the Connaught Inn for 5 nights. The bedroom and bathroom were of a good size, the staff very pleasant and helpful, the food was superb and we wish the new owners every success. Will certainly stay there again if in Castlebar.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank 3462014
Mayo
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ate here the 23rd of December in a party of nine.
We were told we would have three courses for 21 Euro when we booked two weeks beforehand,we were told this twice at the time.
When we turned up we were told by a very ignorant waitress that they never done three courses for 21,only for we were already seated we would have left again.
The same waitress was also smoking out the front of the place when we left which is very unprofessional in my book.
The food was ok but the welcome we received insured that no matter what the food was like there was already a sour taste in our mouths.
Can't see the place last long if that's how customers who paid the guts of 250 Euro for a meal and drinks are treated.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank Noel27334
London, United Kingdom
“First Class!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visiting court this week! not my fault for a change!! stumbled on this place, The Connaught Inn. I believe it has been closed for a while. The welcome was friendly and warm, the food and service was excellent. A superb menu of locally found ingredients and the best pint of Guinness I have enjoyed in some time. The new owners should be proud of thier business and I wish them every success in the future.

• Visited December 2013