“Excellent food good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Welcome Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castlebar
The Welcome Inn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Castlebar
Galway
“Excellent food good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have used this establishment on a number of occasions..I found the staff courteous ,the service superb& the hotel clean & tidy.It also serves all kinds of refreshments in quick time .I would recommend it for a quick snack ,lunch or dinner

Room Tip: Rooms ensuite
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cheno_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

The bedroom Needs slight refurbishment otherwise A1 hotel. Service from staff was excellent. Breakfast was waiter served at table with a good choice. The bed was very comfortable Would come back again.

• Stayed August 2012
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Welcome Inn when touring Ireland. Walking in, my first thoughts were cute old world hotel. Too bad we didn't know where we would land on that evening, I might very well have been more comfortable sleeping in the car.

Granted, they only had a room with 2 twin beds available. We survived that. The room was overheated and the knob to adjust the temperature was broken, just kept spinning. We opened the window to allow some cooler air in, only to hear the sound of the next door market's air handling system, which whirred all night, making for fitful sleep. Walls so thin, I could hear the morning habits of the person in the next door room...EEW! The room was in need of an overhaul, paint and carpet both stained, leaving me to wonder how clean the room really was...We opted for the B&B option, usually a good way to go. The breakfast offerings were meager, the coffee horrendous, the staff slow to notice/serve and not a smile to be made, barely any eye contact...perhaps it was a bad day.

The hotel states "Wi-fi in all rooms" on it's website. When I asked the front desk for the password, I was quickly told wifi would not be available in the room where we were staying. It was available in the lobby, I was told. No truth in advertising, I'd say.

As far as value, on this visit (as well as August 2012) I'd payed the same price for B&B's in Ireland with spectacular views, wonderful food. Not much bang for my buck, for sure. If I ever travel through Castlebar again, I won't be staying at The Welcome Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lisaw_ut

Travellers are raving about these Castlebar hotels

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed June 2012 for one night while driving through. I got what i paid for, which was out dated rooms that really need a reno, a window that overlooked a parking lot with a generator going on and off all night. On the flip side, the staff was superbe, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank bigtwinky
Newry Co Down
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

A Group of 10 of us blokes travelled over to Mayo for the night on 10th March 2012. We stayed in the Welcome Inn Hotel and I have to say, it could not have been better. From Booking the Rooms to leaving, The Girls couldn't have been more easy going and helpful. Well done to Marge at Reception and Mags in the Kitchen (The breakfast was lovely). Nothing was too much trouble and they even provided us with a very welcome snack before we went to Watch Down Gaa beat their own beloved Mayo. Thanks again Girls, I hope you enjoyed the Chocolate and I'll see you again soon.

Kerry McVeigh

Room Tip: The Guinness was Lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kerry M
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I did not stay in this hotel so will give everything but the service an average score, but did go to a work Xmas party in its function room,
The catering girls were giving out trays of sausage/chips in baskets as is customary in
staff parties, A few at my table were really hungry and we didn't get a basket of food,
the catering girls had baskets in there hands an I proceeded in going up to one an
older woman in her 40/50's and asking could
I get a basket please for our table as we hadn't got one, she turned around with a cross
look and scowled 'no' , i was taken aback by this and thought she maybe misheard me and asked
again and she repeated 'no' and stomped off.
She then proceeded to get more trays and kept passing them around to the tables.
Eventually some other girl put a tray basket on our table, I was very annoyed at this
and left me with a bad impression of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gazza378
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Friendly and helpfull staff but the hotel is dated particularly the bedrooms.The whole place needs a makeover. Breakfast is cooked fresh but the non cooked items are very limited.
B&B for €50 is competitive.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
Harlequin Hotel Castlebar
#1 of 9 in Ballina
Carragh House
Carragh House
#3 of 17 in Castlebar

Been to The Welcome Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!