“Great welcome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Altamont B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
Altamont B&B
Ranked #11 of 70 Westport B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Great welcome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed in this B&B at the weekend and was very impressed. I arrived on a cold day to a warm welcome from Mary, who could not have been more helpful and offering tea on arrival. The location was very handy, just a 5 minute walk from the centre of town and the same to the fantastic Greenways trail. The room was clean, warm and breakfast was great. I look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aido6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Koblenz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Mary who runs the B&B. She immediately offered us a cup of tea and made us feel at home. The room was very clean, cosy and well equipped (even with bathrobes). The breakfast was lovely and prepared individually for every guest. We left after breakfast with an enormous amount of recommendations on where to go and what to do in and around Westport. It was a wonderful stay and could not have been any better. If we ever come back to Westport, this is the place where we are going to stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face to the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnnSch13
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Mary is a terrific hostess. From the moment you arrive, she treats you like a long lost friend. Afternoon tea is warmly offered along with great conversation. The breakfast was wonderful, especially the porridge. Room was very clean & comfortable & the location near the train station & within walking distance of everything in Westport is great. Overall I loved the place ... With two exceptions. 1) There's no internet access which was inconvenient & 2) My room included a small shower, but I had to share the toilet in the hall with 2 other rooms. This was workable, yet unexpected & a bit uncomfortable for me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank R T
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in this b&b which is close to the town centre while on a recent visit to Westport for a friends wedding.
We were very happy and to say the least and very impressed with our stay. Our bedroom was spotless, nicely decorated, warm, the shower was hot and equally important we had the most welcome freshly home cooked breakfast with the local butchers sausages.
Our hostess 'Mary' knew the local knowledge. The guests were friendly. We couldn't have been made more welcome.
In our eyes this was "real old style, friendly Irish hospitality" and would highly recommend it.
The next time we visit Westport we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpmcg186605
Granada, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am from Spain, and it has been my second year in Westport because of work issue . The first year I stayed in 2 hotels, and after this lovely B&B, I am sure this will be my next choice again with no doubt.
Mary, the owner, booked my room when I was still in Spain only by text message, which was so nice from her, but she is so lovely that when I reached the B&B she told me she remembered me from last year looking for rates for my father to visit me. Now I know it was a shame the B&B had no vacancies last year for my dad.
I asked in every B&B in Westport last year, and this is the cheapest by far, not because she give less quality, but because she earn less profit, I am sure!
The individual room was lovely, even bigger than the one where I live now in a sharing house, Mary was as caring as always and the full Irish breakfast she cooked in the morning was so so nice and fresh!
When I had to leave Mary made me promise her I would come back for a tea someday, and gave me a beautifully-wrapped box of chocolates for the house where I'm living now.
See you in that tea very soon Mary!! :D

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Damian C
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This B&B is very close to the train station, so is very suitable for those arriving by train. It is only a few minutes walk in to the restuarants, pubs etc in Westport. I stayed with a group of five friends, staying in two rooms.
The bedrooms are quite old-fashioned, and our bathroom was quite small, but everything was perfectly clean and comfortable. We had a view of the lovely back garden. There was a bit of noise between rooms, but nothing that annoyed us.
Mary was a wonderful host. She made tea, and gave us scones, cake and biscuits when we arrived, and also the next day, when we had arrived back from cycling the Greenway from Newport to Achill. She was so friendly and kind to us. She went way beyond what you would typically expect in a B&B.
I would definitely stay in this B&B again due to the kindness of Mary. I fully recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PolkaDot O
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Upon walking into Altamont House, we were greeted by Mary, the Inns Keeper. If it's possible tor Irish Eyes to smile, then her eyes and smile light up the room. I honestly have never in my life meet anyone as warm and welcoming. We stayed at the Altamont for 3 nights. And Mary was just as wonderful on the 3 day, as on the first. We were greeted with tea and scones, very reminiscent to the Irish Soda Bread my dearly departed grandmother used to make. Her garden in the back was the best at any B&B we stayed at in Ireland--and we stayed 14 days. We subconsciously compared every other inns keeper to Mary. She is that unforgettable. Her Traditional Irish breakfast was wonderful, and her porridge was the best in Ireland--and I ate many porridges along the way. This B&B is so close to Westport, you can walk to everything!

Room Tip: Top room to back, left of stairs. Newest bedspreads, and overlooks the garden.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple