“Do they think we're stupid?”

War Games Paint Ball Westport
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do they think we're stupid?”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've done paintball before and loved it, but this place is 100% about taking as much of your money as possible, with zero consideration for how much fun you have.

It costs €35 for 200 paintballs. (I didn't count, but I'm sure the actual amount is far less.) If you play the game as directed, you'll need to refill multiple times at €10 for 100 paintballs. (Again, it's safe to assume the actual number you're given is far, far less.) This is much the same as other paintball venues I've visited. But how the games are set up is very different.

Elsewhere games are designed to replicate combat. Players are sent into the woods to track and kill each other. They sneak through the woods, not firing until their quarry has been sighted and, even then, firing only sparingly to avoid giving away their own position.

Westport War Games could not be more different. In virtually every game, players are lined up opposite each other and ordered to fire indiscriminately. If you're hit by an opponent's paintball, which is extremely painful, you aren't punished in any way. The obvious intent is to keep players firing their guns as frequently and for as long as possible.

No skill or gamesmanship is required. All that's involved are two rows of sitting duck targets stand exposed firing expensive paintballs at each other until they've spent all their money. It's a scam.

If, like my friends and I, you realise you're being ripped off and try to leave, the front gates are locked and it takes absolutely ages for the session to finish. I'm astonished that this place has gotten so many good reviews. The most charitable guess I can take is that they were posted by people who haven't played paintball before.

P.S. This is my first every Trip Advisor review. I'm not a fussy person at but this place is a joke and I wanted to say so.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good fun but a rip-off”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I think the rip-off reviews are pretty accurate. I've done paintball a few times before and always enjoy it. Westport paintball is also good fun but the games are clearly designed to maximise paintballs used rather than fun. They have a game called raise the flag, but you are not allowed touch the flag for around 10 minutes in the game, allowing everyone to shoot each other aimlessly and come back to life immediately. This is just one example of how they design their games to waste your money.

They have no discounts for purchasing more paintballs and the average spend of stag group was around €100 (for 2 hours).

Apart from that, the guys are generally nice and the minerals are reasonably priced. If value isn't a restriction then this place is as good as most places. The structures are purpose built.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank etabe
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Place To Play Paintball”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I Played paintball here a few weeks ago...I've played before a couple of times....but this place is great. The games are fantastic, they really make sure your kept safe. There were loads of places to hide so you can be at the front or take cover. I came away without any bruises this time!

I went in a large group of girls and we all had a great time, the guys that worked there made sure we all knew the rules and gave us some good advice on how to go about the games....we played about 7 games in total and really enjoyed them all.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, they made sure the whole group was catered for.... we were just one of 4 or 5 different groups there when we played. Very professional and worth a visit!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Titik S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stag - October 2013”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Had a Stag here a few weeks back, this is the second time I've gone paintballing and not only was this session far more fun and enjoyable than the last but it absolutely made the Stag weekend one I won't forget. Fair play to the lads, the knew exactly how to ensure you enjoyed the day and ensured the Stag got his revenge!!! Thanks

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stephen F
Waterford, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“a grand day out”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

the weather was perfect,so it makes it easier to see the venue in best of light.the experience from start to finsh was great.two great lads that know how to keep everybody in line and out of it.even got a free reload.thanks lads.
will definitely come back again.

Visited June 2013