“pure heaven”

Knockranny House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 26 May 2014

love this place there is an aromatherapy room, sauna,steam room, staff lovely, pool lovely and warm, great to be able to go there for 10 euros great value for money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel stay I have ever had!!! Not the 'finest luxury four star deluxe hotels and destination spa establishments' advertised. In my opinion this hotel barely touches 3 star, if even! I have had better B & B stays. We chose Knockranny for a treat night away, having recently got engaged. A treat it was not! Corridors had a musty smell...which in my opinion they tried to over come with excessive use of cleaning materials...which only disguised the musty smell with a hospital smell...not what you want from a 'luxurious' hotel stay. The rooms, although Im told were recently refurbished, were in my opinion older fashioned and lacked any luxury!! Dinner was served luke warm on cold plates. We couldnt eat our starter which in my opinion tasted foul!! The main course was no better...meat was tough and barely warm. We indicated our dissatisfaction to the waitress, which was completely ignored. Upon waking in the morning, we were tired and sore from an imcomfortable bed, unbearably hot room and outside noise. Breakfast was acceptable. After breakfast we left 'faulty towers' as quick as we could feeling let down and overcharged. I subsequently emailed the hotel to express my dissatisfaction. All I got was a phone call from hotel, telling me how good they are and how little complaints they ever get...they obviously dont read their Trip Advisor Reviews!!! When I asked for a refund of the hefty sum we had paid the hotel responses stopped immediately...to be followed a number of days later by a letter from the proprietor again dismissing my opinions as if they were not valid. I was offered a DISCOUNTED stay as compensation however I am not willing to put myself or my fiance through that awful experience again. I will continue to call for a refund based on my opinion that the standard of service I received was definetely not the standard of service advertised.

• Stayed: May 2014
15  Thank Molly177
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice hotel but overpriced and interior very dated. Had upgraded to a deluxe room which was huge and had a very comfortable bed but no view at all. Very strong stale smell all along the corridors. Food was excellent but breakfast was very disappointing. Selection of fruits for breakfast was poor. Overall this hotel has a great location, great food, helpful staff but the interior is badly in need of a complete refurbishment. Worth going to for food but stay somewhere else - won't be returning

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank civilservant99
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in May. We were attending a wedding and other relatives were staying also. Hotel is very good. Nice sized room with comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent each day. Staff very helpful. The wedding there was excellent. Very well run, efficient with great food. Great location with very spacious grounds. Getting around the hotel internally can be a bit confusing as there are so many function rooms and corridors. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is brilliantly situated, overlooking Westport and the sea. Our son held his wedding reception here and we could not have wished for a better place. The staff were friendly, organised and efficient. The whole event went like clockwork thanks to some brilliant management who really took care to ensure that this was a magical day. The food was fantastic and over 160 guets were served quickly and without fuss. More food was made available but most of us had more than we could manage. Many of us stayed at the hotel and the rooms were excellent as too was the breakfast and the other meals that we enjoyed during our stay. Things could not have been better. Great hotel - excellent, caring staff - great management - brilliant food - super location - wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Possibly upgrade to one of the superior rooms (400's) and enjoy the additional space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluetilton
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The spa, the rooms,.. luxurious. Knockranny House has the charms of an old Manor, for a modern hotel this is very nice. Dinner,.. fine dining (food was excellent,.. can see why they've won so many awards) with wonderful views of Croagh Patrick the town and the sea,.. fresh cod for breakfast,.. up early for the best seat in the house again,.. just one night away here was like a mini-holiday to unwind,.. I would like to visit again soon.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are massive,.. beds very comfortable and bathrooms very nice also
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Spent two nights here. Lovely hotel with great views of Croagh Patrick. Very friendly and professional service and food is the restaurant was excellent. Very good deals for mid-week breaks. It is about 10-15 mins walk from town but there is a taxi service if you don't feel like the exercise. Nice rooms to sit around and relax in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends